Tax refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax refund?

Haven't been here for a bit. My BK is free and clear for almost 2 years and my credit score is at a flat 700.

Did my GF's chapter 7 last year. We were not planning on a return, but are still getting back over 1k from federal and owe 200 to the state.

It was all Pro-Se and I have no idea what to do with the 1k.

I called the number I have for the trustee and left messages without any return calls.

What do I do? Can I deduct the 200 from the 1k?

Who do I send this to?

The $ has already been deposited into our account.

Thoughts?

If you were not required to hand over your refund for either of your Ch7s, then deposit it in the bank, pay your state taxes, and start an emergency fund.

That was a nice windfall.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      If you were not required to hand over your refund for either of your Ch7s, then deposit it in the bank, pay your state taxes, and start an emergency fund.

That was a nice windfall.

In my ch7 I had no refund, I ran flat even the whole year.

For hers, I over shot by about 1k.

Keep it?

Is that safe?

Comment

Is the tax refund yours or your girlfriends? This is a 2011 refund, right? How early in the year did she file BK? Has her case been closed?
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          Is the tax refund yours or your girlfriends? This is a 2011 refund, right? How early in the year did she file BK? Has her case been closed?
          Yes it is for her.

Yes, for 2011

The CH7 was closed in November of 2011

Thank you in advance, yall.

Comment

If the BK7 is closed, enjoy the money.
            Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

Originally posted by nohoneymoney View Post
              If the BK7 is closed, enjoy the money.

We sure about this?

I thought you had to give it back.

I have no one else to ask at all.

Comment

If the trustee was interested in the refund, they'd have dischared the bk but kept it open in order to disburse the refund.
                The fact that the bk is closed means, they've no interest in it.

Comment

I agree. If the case is closed, don't worry about it.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

exactly, you are fine, i agree with lady, don't worry about it. you will be fine.
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Fair enough, 1,500 ain't that much. . . . But, I sure don't wanna have to pay it back.

I just talked to someone else, they said they got it taken before it even hit their account after getting filed online.

So, I guess they take it if they wanted to.

Comment

exatly, just get it out of the way! i mean we are talking taxes here. nothing to fool around with right?
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                          exatly, just get it out of the way! i mean we are talking taxes here. nothing to fool around with right?
                          What that mean?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X