Credit Report Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Sites

I used to use Transunions three in one service it was like 20 a month for all three credit reports updated on a regular basis and my credit scores. It appears they no longer offer this service =(

I did find another one Identity Guard but they do not update on a regular basis you have to pay 15.00 each time you want to update it. WTH

Any suggestions on a service that provides all three with regular updates at a minimal monthly fee??
    ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

I know this will sound stupid but why?? I guess I don't understand the benefit of what you are describing. I know that doesn't answer your question but I'm just trying to figure out why someone would pay money to see their credit scores on a monthly basis. There must be more to this than I'm hearing.

???
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Don't waste your money.

If you want to keep tabs on your credit, use a free site like CreditKarma (although I don't really recommend them because they are a data-mining marketing company...so beware of use of your info).

Frankly, your credit score takes care of itself, you really can't do much to affect it. So the score is irrelevant and you shouldn't pay any money to actually track the "score". Now, there may be some benefit (although I don't think so) to "monitoring" your credit and checking for inaccuracies. That can be done by periodically pulling your credit report.

About all I do is pull a free credit report once a year.

Comment

You are allowed to get 3 free credit reports a year...one from each of the major credit reporting agencies. (Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax) If you request a report from one of them and then 4 months later request one from one of the other agencies, that will cover a year and you can watch how your credit is doing. I would never pay to get my credit report.

DM

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
          ... use a free site like CreditKarma (although I don't really recommend them because they are a data-mining marketing company...so beware of use of your info).
          I was wondering what the "gimmick" was.....knew it had to be something along those lines. Thanks HHM

Comment

I just set up identity guard last month and it was to obtain a record of all my debit so I could use that in connection with the letters etc to turn in to file. Previously some years ago with transunion it was a minimal fee and it allowed me to stay on top of corrections etc. I know from the forum mostly that it takes dedication to stay on top of them making corrections especially after filing. This is why I was looking for something cheaper so that I could be ready to start with corrections after filing.

That's awesome information about CreditKarma by the way a friend had recommended them and I thought it was odd that it would be free but they do flood you with unwanted ads.

Total side thought right now my credit is pretty poor my scores are around 500 I know after filing it won't be long that I can get it up hopefully to at least 700 or heck 800 at that point I would be seriously concerned about someone stealing my identity its all the rave ....ARE you serious you guys whom have filed and are on your way up the ladder are NOT concerned with credit theft or monitoring now???
            ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
              I was wondering what the "gimmick" was.....knew it had to be something along those lines. Thanks HHM
              Pandora my dear, you should know that nothing is free and that all is for sale.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryAngel View Post
                ....ARE you serious you guys whom have filed and are on your way up the ladder are NOT concerned with credit theft or monitoring now???
                You do not need to pay somebody to monitor your credit. As already stated, each of the 3 credit reporting agencies must give you a free copy of your report each year. Most of the information on those reports are the same. So, when you find an error on one report you'll know to check the others. Requesting a report every 4 months is sufficient monitoring, IMHO. Annnualcreditreport.com provides an easy way to request your free reports.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  Pandora my dear, you should know that nothing is free and that all is for sale.
                  Oh yes...everything but my soul *evil laughter abounds*

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X