What to Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lorelei View Post
    I work a long but simple skirt, white blouse and jacket- what I'd wear to work on a normal day. Which made me the most dressed up debtor in the room by far. I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but the trustee is now considering converting me to an asset case and selling the house I planned to abandon anyway. I don't know if one is related to the other, but I wish I'd blended in more.
    No relation whatsoever. It's based on what they see on the paperwork, or they have learned through their "investigation" of your property and liens.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, Lorelei you gave me something to think about. Maybe I should just go in jeans. I'm ready to just get this over with.

Comment

Kathy, the rational part of my mind believes what Justbroke said.

The reptilian part, however...

Comment

When someone abandons a house -- is surrendering -- there are a lot of Trustees that will pounce and try to find a way to either invalidate the Security Interest (and thereby lien) and/or get some sort of carve-out. (A carve-out being a fancy way for Trustees to "sell" the house on behalf of the creditor and "carve out" a nice slice of the pie... typically around $10,000.)

I still say it was based on what is in the paperwork. No Trustee in their right mind would pursue worthless assets because it would cost them more than the $60 they get to administer a case. (Okay, there are some nutty Trustees out there, but they usually pursue real property where they "could" potentially make some money in commissions if they are successful.)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks, JB. I like hearing that it's nothing personal. Just wish it would be over and done with.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X