No announcement yet.

Feel like a loser - got turned down for Target debit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they didnt ask for a voided check they did it for the credit card. My sister went through the same thing after I told the cashier she didnt want the credit card she wanted the debit that was attached to her bank account. She told me I didnt know what I was talking about (seeing as how I had just recently did the same thing the month prior yes I did know what i was talking about LOL for both mine and my husbands bank account!!!) I would try at the csr desk and tell them you want the red debit not credit and that you have your check with you so that they can open the account.

So sorry you had to go through that there should not be any issue as they do not run credit check with that type of account.
    Filed 13: 8/22/2012 341 Meeting: 10/2/2012 Confirmed: 11/2/2012
    10 payments down 50 more to go!

Comment

Originally posted by jcsawyer View Post
      If they didnt ask for a voided check they did it for the credit card. My sister went through the same thing after I told the cashier she didnt want the credit card she wanted the debit that was attached to her bank account. She told me I didnt know what I was talking about (seeing as how I had just recently did the same thing the month prior yes I did know what i was talking about LOL for both mine and my husbands bank account!!!) I would try at the csr desk and tell them you want the red debit not credit and that you have your check with you so that they can open the account.

So sorry you had to go through that there should not be any issue as they do not run credit check with that type of account.
      Thanks!

I am going to double check - but I had a voided deposit slip with me and they used that. It didn't actually come out and "deny", but didn't give them anything. Just said to give me a $3 coupon. They did tell me to come back & try again - I just figured I was denied because of the BK. There is a toll-free number for Target so I think I will try there.

Thanks!
      Last edited by basketsbears; 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Basketbears, thought this article was intereting:

http://money.msn.com/saving-money-ti...9-9f740ed45daa

Could be as simple as the clerk entered your info incorrectly.

Comment

Hi,

I called Target, and they said the cards are in the mail for the debit card. I feel better, knowing that we can have the debit card, and receive 5% back.

Thanks for all the great support!

Lynn

Comment

Congratulations, BB, But did they ever tell you why you were denied in the first place?
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

According to Target, when I called tonight, I was not denied. They didn't know what happened. When I was at the checkout, it just voided and said to give me a $3 coupon. I figured I was denied. The customer service rep thought it was because their power had been going off all morning. I just figured I was denied.

Thanks for all the great support - sorry I jumped to conclusions. They must not pull credit for debit card.

5% savings will be great!

Comment

Good news BB

Comment

I got declined for a credit card there too. I find it a bit amazing that store CC's are so strict. They not only make money on the CC interest, but they sell their product as well.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                    You still got the discount for applying, right?
                    No, they don't even give you the discount.

Comment

I didn't know you could save 5% with a debit card! We had a new Target open up about half an hour from us. Good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
                        No, they don't even give you the discount.
                        I received a $3 coupon for the delay, not the 5%. The $3 coupon was more than 5% though.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
                          I got declined for a credit card there too. I find it a bit amazing that store CC's are so strict. They not only make money on the CC interest, but they sell their product as well.
                          I didn't apply for CC - don't want CC. I applied for debit card. It is in the mail.

Comment

Be HAPPY pay cash!

Comment

Here is one for you, I have to dress for work so on Wed the salavation army has 50 percent off, mind I only go on that day. I got 2 pant 1 express jeans 3 blouses 3 pairs of shoes then 2 pair of shorts and 2 tee for the hub and 3 tank tops 26.00!

Comment

Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
                                I didn't apply for CC - don't want CC. I applied for debit card. It is in the mail.
                                Yay!
                                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X