Feel like a loser - got turned down for Target debit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
    Here is one for you, I have to dress for work so on Wed the salavation army has 50 percent off, mind I only go on that day. I got 2 pant 1 express jeans 3 blouses 3 pairs of shoes then 2 pair of shorts and 2 tee for the hub and 3 tank tops 26.00!
    Love it! I go to a consignment shop for my clothes. I have lost some weight - so I take my old clothes in, and usually have $ on my account from the sale of those clothes. It is so much fun! They have great buys, and great labels - love it! It is funny, it is actually MORE fun to shop like you and I are shopping than how I used to traditionally shop.

Comment

ya i go to them too

Comment

I got a Target debit card while in my 13. They never checked credit...just typed in stuff from my voided check.
        $124,000 unsecured debt
        $700 a month for 36 months.
        Case completed 6/15/12, waiting on papers!

Comment

Got my card in the mail yesterday!

Comment

Just an FYI, the Paypal Mastercard debit card pays 1% cash back, and can be used pretty much anywhere. I even get 1% back on my car insurance. My autopay is linked to that card.

It doesn't seem like much, but I forget about it and every now and then there's a nice surprise in my Paypal account.
            Last edited by Pjmax; 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
              Just an FYI, the Paypal Mastercard debit card pays 1% cash back, and can be used pretty much anywhere. I even get 1% back on my car insurance. My autopay is linked to that card.

It doesn't seem like much, but I forget about it and every now and then there's a nice surprise in my Paypal account.
              Thank you.

Comment

My wife got the Target DC before our 13 discharge. Walmart isn't my favorite place to shop, so getting 5% off at Target pretty much seals the deal for me.

Comment

I used to get extra credit card points for shopping Target on my credit card, but since I'm on a cash only basis now I guess it doesn't matter where I shop - Walmart or Target. Although my prescriptions are at Target and I guess I just prefer them. Sadly the 5% discount was never enough to get me to apply for a Target card.

Comment

Ksgirl38, in case you missed it, the Target card in question is a debit, not a credit card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see on the website, if you have your prescriptions there, with the debit card it's an additional 5% off those too.
                    Last edited by Pjmax; 07-30-2012, 11:37 AM. Reason: Can't type!

Comment

Ksgirl38, in case you missed it, the Target card in question is a debit, not a credit card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I see on the website, if you have your prescriptions there, with the debit card it's an additional 5% off those too.
                      I guess I did miss that. Although I really don't want another debit card, but the 5% would be nice. I guess any discount is better than nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! I had been planning to apply for a PP debit M/C a month ago, then it slipped my mind, til now.

Comment

Originally posted by kawh View Post
                          Thanks for the reminder! I had been planning to apply for a PP debit M/C a month ago, then it slipped my mind, til now.
                          Just remember, cash back is only good when you don't use a pin with it, so when the clerk says 'debit or credit?' you want credit. Kind of a misnomer since it's not really credit, tied to your bank account. It took me awhile to figure out that I shouldn't use my pin.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X