top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a friend pay for my tuition before I file for bk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lilly, thank you for your words.. and so sorry you are going through the same nightmare. I am in Mass also -- we wrote earlier. I am paying a lot for insurance but it's good too ... not sure what will happen in the future, but today I am literally trying to take it easy. In my absolute panic (fight or flight), I thought that I should give away a shelter cat I got three months ago. (I have one cat and another who passed away 4 months ago). I was thinking that since I didn't know when and if I would lose my home, I should give up the new cat now, before I got more attached. A friend arranged for a girl to come take him ... I knew she would take care of him. I had him in the carrier in my living room, and started apologizing to him, broke down hysterically crying, and realized I couldn't do it. I shouldn't do it. He was just bonding with me (he was rescued from a ROOM with 12 cats and was just starting to trust me since he wasn't around people) ..... I realized that here I was, feeling like I got so screwed by people I trusted. And here I was, doing the same thing to the little guy. I apologized, let him out of the carrier, and promised I'd commit to giving him the best lie I can.

The woman who was taking him showed up, and I was STILL crying, trying to explain to her why I couldn't let him go. She understood of course, but what's up with me just CRYING and breaking down so much? I feel so weak. I feel so betrayed .. like you would if your mother said something incredibly cruel -- i feel gutted.

But I am keeping Gumby, the new cat, and he's bonded with my old 3-legged cat .... now if only someone would let me out of my cage ...

Have any of you been as much of an emotional mess as I am?

Comment

Originally posted by cin View Post
      Have any of you been as much of an emotional mess as I am?
      Yes, I think that 99% of us have been there at some point or other in the process. I know that 'HUb and I have...
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'm sorry Angelina ... it's so hard, isn't it? I guess it's betrayal and helplessness and knowing the cards are stacked against you, and you didn't even know you were in the game .....

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Yes, I think that 99% of us have been there at some point or other in the process. I know that 'HUb and I have...
          I agree and still do at times till this is all over with

Comment

Cin... you are not alone. We've all been that mess and even though I've already filed and things are smoother, I still find myself wondering when the next shoe will fall. I still start crying in the middle of doing ordinary, mundane tasks. My husband and I are in that age bracket that is very un-employable. I finally found a part time job 4 months ago after searching for 3 years. By part time I mean somewhere between 10 and 15 hours a week. My husband still spends a couple of hours every day after working trying to find a job that won't continue to cause his health to deteriorate. He hates the job he has but beggars can't be choosers and it took 2 years to find the job he's got. There is a light at the end of this. I just keep counting down... 32 more payments to go.
            Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
            Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

I feel so bad for EVERYONE .... the world is going to shit, and the rich are getting richer .. and STILL they want more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                Cin... you are not alone. We've all been that mess and even though I've already filed and things are smoother, I still find myself wondering when the next shoe will fall. I still start crying in the middle of doing ordinary, mundane tasks. My husband and I are in that age bracket that is very un-employable. I finally found a part time job 4 months ago after searching for 3 years. By part time I mean somewhere between 10 and 15 hours a week. My husband still spends a couple of hours every day after working trying to find a job that won't continue to cause his health to deteriorate. He hates the job he has but beggars can't be choosers and it took 2 years to find the job he's got. There is a light at the end of this. I just keep counting down... 32 more payments to go.
                Ah Bajan I know we are at that age also and keep holding my breath about our jobs. Each year could my last working for a public school and they keep slashing the budget but so far so good. Hubby job is a machinist for a family owned company and that is scary you just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by cin View Post
                  I feel so bad for EVERYONE .... the world is going to shit, and the rich are getting richer .. and STILL they want more.

Totally agree! Gas jumped 10 cent from yesterday how are the working people gonna keep up. Dozen eggs over 2.00 milk close to 4.00 it's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                    Totally agree! Gas jumped 10 cent from yesterday how are the working people gonna keep up. Dozen eggs over 2.00 milk close to 4.00 it's crazy
                    I wish to state a disclaimer first, before commenting to this thread. My wife, AC, asked me to review this. Our OP is only one of a myriad of poor souls in her situation. No, I'm not taking from her, her pain and personal situation as she is no doubt in pain and agony.

This is NOT a rich person, poor person, white, black, red, blue, dem, rep, situation. It has been coming onto us for years. My agony job wise is 16 years old. Since then I have seen much happen to our Society. This is a Culture of Politics item. People we voted in (NO! DO NOT THINK I'M TALKING PARTIES) as our 'so called' Representatives are those who would send YOUR son, or daughter to WAR for their own gain. Yes, they could get a payoff from some company in the Industrial Complex, but who is really to blame??? WE ARE!

I see empty housing looking as if 60% over 40% occupied in our poor county in FL. Where are these people going and living? What caused this tremendous amount of loss of job and home? Think Politicians? Barney Frank perhaps? Dodd perhaps? Yes and George Bush, as well as Obama. Yes, no color differentiation. A crook is a crook under any color, or political affiliation. It boils down to simple character. Where are our "STATESMEN"? We have no Statesmen, we have Politicians.

Believe me 'cin' if I had the means, I would send you help or take you to my family in FL. I/we once were worth 10 mil in land and funds. Due to a RICH MAN enemy who bled us to poverty, we are helping on BKforum. I really do feel your pain. BUT, I have one promise to you. It will get better. It has for us in that our values have changed. We are happier now than we were when we had disposable income.

You keep that kitty. That could be an Angel in disguise. You did the right thing to keep him. He will help you more than you realize. I know.

This thread has touched me more than many, but the outcome is always better than the start. I've seen it and experience it. 'Hub
                    Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 08-14-2012, 06:30 PM.
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                      Cin... you are not alone. We've all been that mess and even though I've already filed and things are smoother, I still find myself wondering when the next shoe will fall.
                      I sure agree with that. Right before I filed I remember of my stomach being in terrible knots for about a week. I felt terrible, and violated from having to answer all kinds of financial and personal questions, to my attorney, virtually a stranger. I just couldn't believe it finally came to this that there was no other way out of my financial mess except to file bankruptcy.

Then of course, this all had to happen, when I'm fairly unemployable, working online and out of my home. My business is a fraction of what it used to be.

Cin, I can understand much of what you're going through. I just try to keep going for my boyfriend and my 2 cats.

Comment

ACHub,
                        I'm sorry I touched a raw emotion (would never want to hurt the one's who help us out the most on this forum.)

I do think we as American people sit back and let politicians do what they want no matter what party they belong to. This has been happening for years.

Pam

Comment

ACHub,
                          I'm sorry I touched a raw emotion (would never want to hurt the one's who help us out the most on this forum.)

I do think we as American people sit back and let politicians do what they want no matter what party they belong to. This has been happening for years.

Pam
                          You did nothing wrong Pam. The whole thread touched me with the warmth and sympathy and empathy to our OP, a relative total stranger. This is what makes this site such a good place to have friends. All people are anonymous yet it proves how good people still can be, even to a stranger. It give me enthusiasm to believe that in such a World we are seeing out the window and on TV, we can still "Love our fellow man".

It makes me sick to see the last four presidents two Republican and two Democrat come into office with less money than they leave. Clinton for example two million dollars for a speech in CHINA. (A payoff?) The big bankers, and the military industrial complex, all feathering their own bed while we lose our livelihoods and homes. Our ultimate leader of Law and order breaking the law to filter guns to our enemies, causing death of innocents, then refusing lawful orders in Court (Eric Holder).

I could rant on, but there is only one thing a citizen can do (so far) is to vote. Not on popularity or looks, but results. We have been lied to for years, 4 yrs Bush Sr., 8 yrs Clinton, 8 yrs Bush Jr., 3 1/2 Obama. They are all the same. Self serving Goons. Just my opinion, but look at our OP. From what I have observed in her story and from what I've seen in our own life, the bad guys are winning. I see the day that our vote will become useless. We all better wake up. Time and Liberty is running out. 'Hub
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

So what happened to 'cin"?

Comment

ACHUB,
                              I do think it's all about them and not a darn thing about us, all laws are aim to keep the rich rich or richer

Comment

ACHUB,
                                I do think it's all about them and not a darn thing about us, all laws are aim to keep the rich rich or richer
                                I agree but not in the way you think. I am more of the belief that; "the harder you work, the luckier you get". Not just a platitude but fact. If one gets richer, they somehow found their efforts have paid off and seem to apply further efforts to accumulate more. Once wealthy, money makes money. Remember there are bad eggs in every basket, meaning in every class, race, culture you have successful people and failures. You also have crooks. Lower class have drug dealers upper class have the "Berny madoff's". This is not withstanding fate such as health problems or in today's society, the poor job markets and the real estate fiasco. Put the real estate right at the foot of the makers. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. They set up banking edicts that made escalating loans to people who were not capable of paying these loans once the escalation clauses came into effect. THEN the banks raked in the loan guarantee funds with glee and foreclosures. I pray we can reverse the cycle of what is happening in our World. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X