top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a friend pay for my tuition before I file for bk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
    I agree but not in the way you think. I am more of the belief that; "the harder you work, the luckier you get". Not just a platitude but fact. If one gets richer, they somehow found their efforts have paid off and seem to apply further efforts to accumulate more. Once wealthy, money makes money. Remember there are bad eggs in every basket, meaning in every class, race, culture you have successful people and failures. You also have crooks. Lower class have drug dealers upper class have the "Berny madoff's". This is not withstanding fate such as health problems or in today's society, the poor job markets and the real estate fiasco. Put the real estate right at the foot of the makers. Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. They set up banking edicts that made escalating loans to people who were not capable of paying these loans once the escalation clauses came into effect. THEN the banks raked in the loan guarantee funds with glee and foreclosures. I pray we can reverse the cycle of what is happening in our World. 'Hub

I never quite though of it that way and I see where you are coming from. Do we even have a honest politicians now a days

Comment

I'm still here. Did a lot of soul searching and realized this is NOT the time to add school to my mess of spinning plates I have in the air .... so I spent a few weeks just trying o CALM THE F DOWN -- I've been having panic attacks almost every day. Once I dropped the school idea, it helped quite a bit.

So now .... job prospects .. not great, but not horrible. I can type about 140 wpm, so while I won't be making 56K again, I think I can manage to find some kind of administrative job somewhere. I assume I will lose about 10K salary, so the condo will be going .. BUT I'm in Massachusetts and can probably drag it out for over a year. Bye bye 800 credit score. I left home at 17, never had help, and worked hard to achieve that. But you know what? It doesn't mean s**t in the end. My goal is not to die with a great credit score. Losing my job after 30 years has been an eye-opener. I wasn't happy there the last decade anyways, it's in a crappy part of Boston (dirty), and I applied fro a few state jobs that look good. Fingers are crossed. If those don't work out, I will apply for a job at the university in boston that has a yaaaad -- a friend works there and loves it. And it's in a great part of town ... restaurants, singers .... so worse case scenario, I live here until I lose it and figure out the job thing. Unemployment kicks in on October 22nd .... I am not saying things are good, because they STILL suck, I STILL wake up in the middle of the night sweating (fear or hot flashes?), still have some panic attacks, but TODAY I feel "normal" ... today I feel unaffected ... I am not worried about becoming an LPN. I paid September's mortgage, and know I will get scared again as October approaches, but I am going to grab the days when my heart isn't pounding with all my might.

There have been days when I thought something was physically wrong with me -- my heart? My pulse racing? I am going to ask my doc for a higher dose of blood pressure medicine. I am only 53, I refuse to keel over because some absolutely disgusting A-holes at a MAJOR Medical University in Boston decided to toss me out the door to save 25K (after three decades!!!), and cut off my medical benefits that same day. This is one of the most expensive universities in the U.S. for M.D. students, no less ....

Okay I'm babbling. I'm just grateful I am not having a panic attack today. I guess that's as far as I can look forward for now .... Thank you all SO SO SO much for everything you've written. And I am not going anywhere, I'll keep reading here, as I've done almost every day.

Oh one last thought: The other university job and state jobs have clerical UNIONS. Believe me no matter HOW you have felt about unions in the past, we sure as he** need them now. We may not be coal miners, but the corporations are treating us like they are. Screw the canary; don't use the company store; don't fall for the hype. There is no loyalty and we are simply tools to enrich the 1%.

Comment

And Angelina and Hub, what does OP mean? Other people? Our president?

Comment

cin, OP = Original Poster. In this case, you.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hahahaha, me, myself, I, and OP ... we all thank you, Lady.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X