Hub now needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub now needs help

So, now I have questions. I know I should know but realizing things change when you are on a receiving end. We all know that, yes.

My ex spouse whom I still love and respect, is a widow. She has filed C7 several weeks ago. Tonight, late, she had a call from "Lending Tree" who wished to talk "PLANS" and wish to send an agent to her house tomorrow. She is a bit meek and I really don't know how she handled it at this time.

My daughter (who some years ago filed C7) called me about this.

THEN it gets worse. 8:30pm some guy blammed on the door and called to her, inciting much fear. She called 911 and of course an hour later the Sheriffs office called back for more info. The guy had an old car. This could be coincidental and a jerk doing wrong, or it could be connected. I don't know.

In the mean time, my daughter and grandson are going over there for her aid. I am closer but it would not be proper.

So, I'm not even sure what to ask but I know her lawyer will be advised and if it truly is "Lending Tree" how can we smack 'em? I should know this stuff but now I'm venting. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Why wouldn't it be proper for you to go and help her? My ex and I have been divorced for almost 6 years now and he helps me out when I am in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
      Why wouldn't it be proper for you to go and help her? My ex and I have been divorced for almost 6 years now and he helps me out when I am in a pinch.
      Thank you HMO. Well, it was an amiable divorce 25 years ago. She got married again, and for 3 1/5 years he passed due to cancer. She did not want to put the three lives together and asked not to contact. Three lives were my childhood bride, our two girls and 23 years. Second was our remarriage, and our next 25 years, and then my daughters mended the fence and she met only some days ago, so until we meet more on a platonic (of course) visit, it is still new. She called my daughter not I so at this time that is the reason. Thanks again. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

'Hub,
        I wish I had some good answers for you but I can only say my heart goes out to you (and especially to her). It's awful what people will do to each other. I'm glad your daughter is able to go. Please keep us updated.

The Bajan
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
          'Hub,
          I wish I had some good answers for you but I can only say my heart goes out to you (and especially to her). It's awful what people will do to each other. I'm glad your daughter is able to go. Please keep us updated.

The Bajan
          Thanks but that is not my point. I'm being educated as if it were another, I could help and research. But, when on your OWN turf, it is different indeed. She is not in any shape for this trauma. She is 67, not in great health. I'm relatively powerless, and that is my perplexity about this. The second incident with a person wamming her door, is what I am most concerned about. If they guy was a paid jerk , we have no proof, yet to be called late by "Lending Tree" who wishes to come by to address her finances has me really upset. I will know more tomorrow and of course will post what is going on. I only know what I know for now. If I did not care for the person I guess it would not matter. My Mrs. is totally in agreement with my sentiments. 'Hub

Comment

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I hope you and your family find the answers. It is very scary to me to think someone would come to her door like that. Please keep us posted.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
              I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I hope you and your family find the answers. It is very scary to me to think someone would come to her door like that. Please keep us posted.

Lynn
              Thank you, Lynn I will know more today when my daughter returns, as she is dropping by from her Mom's. The lawyer (hopefully) will give her advice. She did get a name and phone number from "Lending Tree". I'm sure the warning will be issued that they violated the auto stay, but it is the goon I'm concerned about.

Comment

IF this was a creditor, her attorney could file a contempt motion or an adversary proceeding against them in the bankruptcy court for a stay violation. If she were my client, I would advise her to answer the door and inform the guy that she was in bankruptcy and snap a picture of him.

Once people file for bankruptcy, they need to stop dodging and hiding from creditors. Answer their calls and knocks at the door; tell them about the bankruptcy; give them the case number and the attorney's name.
                Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Lending Tree should not be calling at all. Her intentions with the property were disclosed in her bk. That should be enough. If LT were going to offer a modification of some sort that would be done through the mail. As to the knock on the door, either it was shear coincidence or LT sent someone out to make sure the property was not abandoned - which would make sense if payments were delinquent.

Only my guess.

Des.

Comment

I would be concerned that it might be some kind of scam. I would not advise a single woman who may be vulnerable to answer the door to a goon-like stranger.

Comment

My concern is the same as Pj the guy might be checking out if this lady was a easy mark for a burglar. Please keep us updated Hub thought with you and your family

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Thank you, Lynn I will know more today when my daughter returns, as she is dropping by from her Mom's. The lawyer (hopefully) will give her advice. She did get a name and phone number from "Lending Tree". I'm sure the warning will be issued that they violated the auto stay, but it is the goon I'm concerned about.
                        hello sweet hub. i understand you are reluctant to directly approach the situation to help her face to face. i understand your concerns as i have never heard "lending tree" ever go to someone's home for any reason, so that really is not good that someone is coming to her door. this is is as good as time as any, it sounds like it may be appropriate via your daughters being the liaison to further bridge the relationship so you may help her more directly. i know it must be difficult i don't have any x's just a few o's still, it's a difficult situation to be in.
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hub, I understand your situation is difficult, but you obviously care about your ex. Oftentimes, situations are more confused when it comes down to who should contact who first. Think about maybe sending a brief note, via your daughter as Tobee suggested. Just let her know you are concerned about the scary incident, and you are available if she needs help or advice.
                          Consider this; will you have regrets if something happens and you didn't reach out?

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                            IF this was a creditor, her attorney could file a contempt motion or an adversary proceeding against them in the bankruptcy court for a stay violation. If she were my client, I would advise her to answer the door and inform the guy that she was in bankruptcy and snap a picture of him.

Once people file for bankruptcy, they need to stop dodging and hiding from creditors. Answer their calls and knocks at the door; tell them about the bankruptcy; give them the case number and the attorney's name.
                            Thanks MS. My concern was the guy at the door. She is NOT living in the house that is abandoned. She is in a Senior development like an ACLF. Here in FL it is dark at 8:30 now. As to Lending Tree, yes I shall perhaps see the ex today and tell her to insist to prosecute under that situation. Remember the goon was wabbing hard at the door, had and older car, and she is a widow alone. Coincidence of some sort perhaps but if LT was checking on the abandoned place he would have gone there. Thanks again.

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                            Lending Tree should not be calling at all. Her intentions with the property were disclosed in her bk. That should be enough. If LT were going to offer a modification of some sort that would be done through the mail. As to the knock on the door, either it was shear coincidence or LT sent someone out to make sure the property was not abandoned - which would make sense if payments were delinquent.

Only my guess.

Des.
                            Pretty good guess but see above. Thanks. 'Hub

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
                              I would be concerned that it might be some kind of scam. I would not advise a single woman who may be vulnerable to answer the door to a goon-like stranger.
                              EXACTLY. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X