top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freaking out - missed deadline for pre-discharge debtor education!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking out - missed deadline for pre-discharge debtor education!!!

Completely spaced it and doing it now. Our 341 meeting was September 4 and it's an asset case. I'm freaking out at this point. The BK filing paperwork said we only had to get it done before discharge, but still worried. We're in CO.

Oh boy. It's a matter of "could" lose your case, not "will" lose your case. At least you're still doing it before your discharge. I have a good feeling you'll be OK.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Don't freak out. That accomplishes nothing. Take the course now. You can do it online. Then send the certificate of completion to your attorney tomorrow.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Did you file pro se? If you did, then you should be checking PACER and you should be checking the flags! If the flags have "DEBTED" then you are missing the debtor education. That flag will "usually" prevent the case from discharging. However, that won't stop the Clerk from dismissing the case, but since you are an ASSET case, that may be holding it open!

If you are Pro Se, you need to check PACER. (You can check if you're not Pro Se as well, but if you don't have a login but are represented by an attorney, there is no reason to get a login now.) See if your case was dismissed first. If not... take the class TODAY and then submit the Official Form 23 and a copy of the certificate yesterday.

This problem can usually be fixed easily. The key is... take the case immediately!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X