Signed 30 days ago filling now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed 30 days ago filling now?

Hi i had all my papers ready and signed them (10-19-12) and waited a month to make sure i had no new collectors and now want to mail them out. Can i just mail them as is with no problem? Should i sign them again w/ todays date to say i read them over and they are still current?

I need to know asap!
    Thanks
    -Dave

Dave,

You are filing pro se... are you filing a 7 or a 13? In either case, you need to update your balances to whatever they are today. If you listed $200 in your checking account a month ago but you now have $300, you need to change it. Any assests you have or have gotten rid of in the past month needs to be updated.

Best regards,
    The Bajan
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

The signature and schedules should be as up to date as reasonably possible. A petition signed 30 days prior to filing does not have the appearance of being a true reflection of your financial estate on the day you filed.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The income on your means test may also have changed. If you filed in October, the income you use for the six-month look back is April through September. If you file in November it's May through October.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Well guys here is what i did as i just mailed them to the courthouse today.

I went over all the forms and for the most part everything is exactly the same. I had to reprint one part about payments made w/in 90 days, other than that the rest stayed the same. Signatures were dated 10-19-12.

Now what i did do (not sure if it helps?) is write on a post it note that "Forms were filled out on 10-19-12, waited 30 days to make sure there were no more creditors, all information is still accurate and correct as of 11-23-12" and signed and dated it..

Not sure what there gonna say now that i know its a big deal!

(Oh and i've been unemployed this last 5 months my income is literally like 200$ so i know im way below my median so i never looked at that again)

Comment

I wish you had carried the papers into the courthouse. I wish I had seen this before now, otherwise you would have been told. Nevertheless, I hope everything works out for you.

Please say that you mailed this very important package certified with return receipt....
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I mailed it priority flat rate, it's only going 50 miles so im hoping there isn't any issues.. It has a clear return address written on it, and i did get a receipt when i mailed it.
              I called the court last month to inform them i'm mailing my docs out and they told me where to mail it, etc.

I wish you had seen this before i mailed them too! i would have just reprinted and signed the signature pages! I really didn't think this would be a huge issue, like i said the information is all still the exact same.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X