top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding a Google search result with a link to a bankruptcy court calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding a Google search result with a link to a bankruptcy court calendar

So my Ch 7 has been discharged since 3/2012. We re-affirmed both our car loans, but one required a hearing. So when you type my name into Google, one of the results is a link to the daily calendar for my local bankruptcy court. I've been looking for work the whole time and I'm wondering if this "blemish" on my "Google Report" is the reason why I've sent my resume out like a $2 *****, but gotten no replies!

My question is anyone else had this issue? And how long they usually stay up? Is there anything I can do to report the link to google to get them to remove it? Thanks!
    Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
    341 Hearing 1/12/12
    Discharged 3/23/12!

It is public information and could stay in the public search engine(s) forever. If you are searching by your name (e.g. "john doe") it is likely to always come up since that is much more specific than "court calendar u.s. bankruptcy court". I can search my own name and find things from the 1990s (albeit not any "public" records, but merely my ramblings in the early "internet" days).

I do not believe this is an issue of you not being extended a job offer. The market is tough (period). Many are having trouble finding (full-time, in field) work even with advanced degrees. There is nothing you can do to remove this information. That's why they always say... never post anything on the Internet because it will be there for all to see, forever.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Huh, you wont believe what i get when i search Dirk Diggler......

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        It is public information and could stay in the public search engine(s) forever. If you are searching by your name (e.g. "john doe") it is likely to always come up since that is much more specific than "court calendar u.s. bankruptcy court". I can search my own name and find things from the 1990s (albeit not any "public" records, but merely my ramblings in the early "internet" days).

I do not believe this is an issue of you not being extended a job offer. The market is tough (period). Many are having trouble finding (full-time, in field) work even with advanced degrees. There is nothing you can do to remove this information. That's why they always say... never post anything on the Internet because it will be there for all to see, forever.

This is absolutely correct. There are History sites that collect site views from long closed blogs. Facebook is probably the worst place to put your face. It is always checked. Also data bases are now getting face scans for the big brother society edging its way to our lives. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yeah its just been so frustrating not even getting calls to interview, or even what I have come to so affectionately call, F-You letters in the mail Just trying to find some concrete reason for why....and with my last unemployment payment (for now) coming up, makes it scary
          Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
          341 Hearing 1/12/12
          Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

Some job postings are disingenuous to begin with. HR departments are sometimes required to publicly list job openings even when the primary candidate is internal and already identified. Unfortunate, but it is true. I was once so confident that I could change jobs whenever I wanted, and had recruiters always calling. Now, I'm lucky to get one or two e-mails/calls a month from recruiters.

Have you tried going through a recruiter? Have you tried posting your profile/resume to Monster or some other job search service? By all means, exhaust every credible place that can help place you.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Some job postings are disingenuous to begin with. HR departments are sometimes required to publicly list job openings even when the primary candidate is internal and already identified. Unfortunate, but it is true. I was once so confident that I could change jobs whenever I wanted, and had recruiters always calling. Now, I'm lucky to get one or two e-mails/calls a month from recruiters.

Have you tried going through a recruiter? Have you tried posting your profile/resume to Monster or some other job search service? By all means, exhaust every credible place that can help place you.
              I haven't tried a recruiter or staffing service yet...I actually had to turn off my resume on Monster, since all I would get are either work from home scams contacting me, or Insurance companies wanting me to sell life insurance I do have my resume on CareerBuilder, they seem to have more legitimate jobs than Monster. My wife works in HR and she says they don't use Monster anymore as its known in the industry as having a lot of spam
              Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
              341 Hearing 1/12/12
              Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

I did not know Monster had become so infiltrated with "spammers". Personally, I use TheLadders which was exclusively for 6-figure jobs, but now has jobs even from $40K. Unfortunately, TheLadders does have a subscription fee, but I found that if you're serious about finding a $100K+ job, the price is rather insignificant.

This is not an endorsement of TheLadders for any particular purpose. I just find them to be very professional and really do seem to have a lot of the good technology jobs (in the Technology Ladder).

Comment

I did not know Monster had become so infiltrated with "spammers". Personally, I use TheLadders which was exclusively for 6-figure jobs, but now has jobs even from $40K. Unfortunately, TheLadders does have a subscription fee, but I found that if you're serious about finding a $100K+ job, the price is rather insignificant.

This is not an endorsement of TheLadders for any particular purpose. I just find them to be very professional and really do seem to have a lot of the good technology jobs (in the Technology Ladder).
                  Thanks for the suggestion! They have a free account so I'm clicking around in it I've been relying on CareerBuilder and Indeed....its always nice to hear of others too!
                  Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
                  341 Hearing 1/12/12
                  Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

if i may chime in, i would like to offer another area to add to your job search...

Get off the internet and put on your suit and start pounding the pavement. (of course, you can find companies to go visit on the internet and do a little research on them - but sending your resume to hr is just... meh to me). Pick companies that interest you, even if you dont have any experience. look up the managers and try to make an appointment with them directly. ask about the company and what they do. Be brief, be concise, and be professional and respectful of their time.

I am also a huge fan of trade shows - put on your suit and do some walking. Talk to the sales people and find out if the manager is there - they usually are. Ask to speak with them after you learn about the company from the sales people.

Get creative. You need to differentiate yourself in a static marketplace. You might be surprised what you find.

Comment

I guess my wife and I should consider ourselves lucky. We have such generic names that we've found it impossible to find any reference to us specifically on the internet. I even tried Googling our full names in quotes with middle initial (as the appear on the petition) along with "NJ" and "bankruptcy." I did find that there is a bankruptcy attorney with the exact same name as me and a bankruptcy judge with the exact same name as my wife

Comment

My search record goes all the way back in 1974, when I won an academic game in high school. I guess if I wait another 39 years, it may disappear...or I'm dead. Probably the latter.

Comment

As far as not getting responses when you send your resume in alot can depend on the type of job and company you are applying to. I have been on the other end where I am hiring for a position and literally got over 1000 resumes in less than 24 hours, at that point we had to turn off the job posting and do what we could to filter through those as quickly as possible and find some candidates that were a good fit. But I can tell you that all 1000 of those did not get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                            This is absolutely correct. There are History sites that collect site views from long closed blogs. Facebook is probably the worst place to put your face. It is always checked. Also data bases are now getting face scans for the big brother society edging its way to our lives. 'Hub
                            that sure is the truth.

we dont' ever use facebook, but we were posting resumes online. BIG BIG mistake. before we knew it our SS's numbers were up on our google searches as well as everything on our resumes! never again.

one of us did contact google and got the ss numbers off, but it wasn't easy. google and so many many of these similar reporters of information are so incorrect.

what is so scary is how they have something on EVERYONE...even my 95 year old mom!! a TON of info??? and she's never ever been on a puter. then there is one of my brothers who has been teaching computer science for years and there is absolutely not a thing when attempting to yield a search on him...all tho, next time i speak with him i'm going to find out how he's doing that, he must know something we don't!
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X