My original BK attorney made the news. Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My original BK attorney made the news. Hmmm

I received notice approx. a year ago that my BK attorney was turning his accounts over to one of his associates. I didn't really give it much thought cause the letter stated nothing would change. Then last night it hit the news that he is suspended from practicing law for 3 years.

PITTSBURGH —Jason Mazzei was the biggest bankruptcy lawyer in Pennsylvania. Now, he stands accused of overcharging hundreds of clients and misspending thousands of dollars. An investigation by the bankruptcy court later revealed Mazzei failed to fully disclose all his fees to the court, as the law requires. A separate investigation by the state Supreme Court disciplinary board found Mazzei misappropriated thousands of dollars in retainer fees from a credit counseling service and mishandled thousands more he received from clients.The bankruptcy court's chief judge cited 260 cases where Mazzei charged "fees totaling over $260,000 yet he failed to perform the services he represented to clients

It all makes sense now...

I meant to post this in the general bankruptcy thread... Can a moderator please move it for me ... thanks in advance
    Last edited by klandsb; 02-26-2015, 05:56 PM.
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Yes, there are some really bad ones out their. Here in AZ we are still dealing with the Phillips/Wroblewski fall-out.

Sorry you may have gotten caught in the middle of such a mess - just shouldn't happen.

Des.

Comment

I found an article from Septemnber 2013 about a case where he charged a client with $6371 in debt $8,200 to file a Chap 7. He settled and refunded the fee. That must be what inspired further investigation.

Guys like that give the many hardworking, ethical attorneys a bad name!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        I found an article from Septemnber 2013 about a case where he charged a client with $6371 in debt $8,200 to file a Chap 7. He settled and refunded the fee. That must be what inspired further investigation.

Guys like that give the many hardworking, ethical attorneys a bad name!
        Dang! BK is hard enough to consider. People wonder why folks go crazy.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X