BK Friendly Car Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Friendly Car Insurance?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a BK friendly car insurance carrier? I just got some quotes as my renewal is coming up soon, and of course now with an open Ch 7 reporting, the rates are a lot higher than what I've been offered previously (my last GIECO renewal was ~$550 for 50/100/50, $50/$500 COMP/COLL), and now I'm struggling to find anything below $970, which is a really big jump. I have a great driving record and no auto claims, I didn't anticipate this big of a change.

I don't know of any. You live in Illinois which allows insurance companies to consider your auto insurance score as well as other factors of risk. You may need to seek out a "last resort" pool for your State or reduce those coverages.

Are you talking monthly rates, 6-months, or 12-months?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

These are six month premiums

Comment

Unless you find someone like The General or another "last resort" insurer, you may be stuck at that rate.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I pay $1k/6 months on one of my cars with multi-car/multi-line, 300/500/300, 0/100 (comp/coll), rental car 50. Perfect driving record. Credit can't be used in California to rate drivers so the BK doesn't matter. It's just expensive period and I've shopped around too. My beater liability only car is $400/6mo.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X