Can your health insurance be cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can your health insurance be cancelled?

I was just wondering if health insurance can cancel me for not paying a doctor's bill that would have counted towards the deductible? (Hope that made sense).

The health insurance coverage is paid in full monthly.

However, I have an outrageous chiropractor bill where the guy is charging me $460 for the initial evaluation I think the guy was just trying to pad his bill to the insurance company by going gonzo on taking x-rays.

The insurance doesn't kick in until I've met my deductible. So the chiropractor is expecting me to fork up his padded bill.

I'm going to take my buisness elsewhere where hopefully the new chiro won't be such an unethical shark.

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
    I was just wondering if health insurance can cancel me for not paying a doctor's bill that would have counted towards the deductible?
    No. Health insurance companies don't cancel your policy just because you file bk and don't pay your deductible because you wiped out your medical debt.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

In fact, it still counts toward you deductible even if you dont pay it. Go figure! The ins. company has no way of knowing whether you paid the bill. The deductible is based on what was charged.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X