Converted from 13 to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted from 13 to 7

We submitted the motion to convert, financial statement and means test last month. Yesterday we had our 341 meeting and the trustee basically asked the same questions as at the ch 13 meeting along with why we wanted to convert and what did we want to do with the car.

I had planned on filing all the schedules all over again especially since we can add more creditors. The trustee didn't say anything was missing. It is okay to file all the schedules for ch 7, right ?

I have no experience with a conversion, but do know that some of the schedule requirements vary by court. You need to review your local court rules, Bankruptcy Code provisions regarding conversion and the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, including rule 1019. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/h...9----000-.html

If your court has a pro-se clinic, take advantage of it.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 07-21-2015, 01:47 PM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Unless the Court order's otherwise, there is no requirement to re-file schedules upon conversion. See Bankruptcy Rule 1019(1)(a). Only new document that needs to be filed is the Statement of Intention. See Rule 1019(1)(b).

In addition, if you have run up debt since the filing of the 7 you should add that debt to the converted case by filing a Schedule of post petition/pre conversion debts. You also need to update the Master Mailing Matrix for any new creditors. See Rule 1019(5)(B)

There are some other potential filings that are required under the Rule but they rarely apply.

Des.

Edt to add. . . Should have read LITR's post before I went through this dissertation. Oh well. . .

Comment

Since the forms have already been deemed to have been filed, any changes I make now will be amendments. Thank you, Lady and Desp.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X