top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Income- question 10, income from other sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Income- question 10, income from other sources

I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and am days away from sending off my paperwork for Chapter 7 (pro se). On form 122A-1, Statement of Current Income, question 10, I included the following: reimbursement for mileage and phone from my employer and my tax return (averaged). I have an additional item I am unsure of:

Do I include reimbursement I received for orthodontic treatment for my child? It's a weird system where the insurance company pays me directly the amount covered by them in installments. This would be the last payment to me and it fell within the last 6 months. Question 10 states: "Income from all other sources not listed above" and all of the instructions I can find talk about more regular sources of income as being examples of what to include (like rental income, royalties, etc, etc).

I was able to find this definition of Current Monthly Income" from the NOLO site: "For purposes of the means test, you current monthly income (CMI) is the average monthly income you received from all sources that was derived during the six-month period that ends on the last day of the month preceding your filing date." “Derived.” The word “derived” in this definition might be important if you received money during the six-month period that was derived (or earned) during a different period."

I take it from the "derived" piece of it that I can leave this off since this stems from her getting braces a year and a half ago. Any thoughts? And thank you in advance.

A reimbursement is not income.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X