2 questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions...

I'm currently filing pro se. I do not currently have a job. On form 22A (means test), question 3, my 6 month average is $300 per month. On question 8, it asks if i receive any other money from another person or entity, which I do since I live with my girlfriend.

My question is, do I need to mention her on Schedule I or J? It seems questionable putting that I currently make $0 a month but am somehow getting by.

Question number 2 is for the fee waiver application. Do I just send it in with everything else?

Thank you for any replies!

Do you have the NoLo (Press) Book on filing Chapter 7? If not, I can only strongly suggest that you do.

If you do have the book... I'm sure someone will come along shortly. I'm pressed for time but will answer this if no one else does.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

From what I can gather, any money that your girlfriend contributes to you regularly would be included on schedule I as income.
      Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
      Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
      Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

Yea, I checked it out from the library, it's working wonders.

Comment

Anyone have a definite answer if I put household income even though she's not a spouse?

Comment

Yes, your girlfriend's income is added in, then everything she does not regularly contribute to the running of the household is subtracted out later on the Ch 7 forms.

By the way, be certain the Nolo book you checked out from the library is for the bk law that went into effect AFTER October 18, 2005.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget