341 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today

Well, I had my 341 this morning. It was 2 minutes, maybe 3 minutes tops. I had this huge binder full of information and didn't have to show a single thing, besides my ID and SS card.

One lawyer was reprimanded for not sending paperwork to the trustee as required, and from what the trustee said it sounded like the lawyer didn't do it for all of his cases. Another lawyer got reprimanded for speaking with a client too loudly. Yet another lawyer was told to review the exemption codes, and the trustee even told him specifically which ones to review, as he was using the wrong ones.

I did stumble on the "why filing for bankruptcy" question, my well thought-out answer (and well rehearsed, or so I thought...LOL) went right out the window and I was left sputtering a bit...kinda rambling about the economy.

When she was finished with me, she said "Thank you. Complete." I'm hoping that complete means that my 341 hearing is complete...

Well, let's see how the next days go...hopefully just as smooth!

~JAG
    Chapter 7 - Pro Se
    Filed: 08/10/09 --- 341 Meeting: 09/08/09
    Last Day for Objections: 11/09/09
    Discharged and Closed: 11/12/09

See... not so bad! You were better prepared than the professionals. Don't worry about stuttering. I'm not even sure what I said at the table.

Welcome to the 60-Day Club!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on getting one step closer to discharge and your new financial start! Way to go!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks, JB and lrprn.

Couldn't have done it without all of your help!!

~JAG
        Chapter 7 - Pro Se
        Filed: 08/10/09 --- 341 Meeting: 09/08/09
        Last Day for Objections: 11/09/09
        Discharged and Closed: 11/12/09

Comment

Congratulations! Here's to a quick and painless 60 days!
          Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
          341 Meeting 09/09/09
          Discharged 11/12/09
          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by justagirl View Post
            One lawyer was reprimanded for not sending paperwork to the trustee as required, and from what the trustee said it sounded like the lawyer didn't do it for all of his cases. Another lawyer got reprimanded for speaking with a client too loudly. Yet another lawyer was told to review the exemption codes, and the trustee even told him specifically which ones to review, as he was using the wrong ones.
            I found this to be true with many cases on my 341 day as well, that really surprised me! I also credit our preparedness to this forum, thanks again everyone!

Congratulations JAG, yay!!!!
            8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
            8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
            9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
            11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

you did it! congrats. my sister is about to do her own, she has made herself sick worrying about it. i try to tell her it going to be ok. i will show her your posts. i just got my discharge in the mail today after calling last friday, took 4 months to discharge!!! hope yours goes faster.

at my 341, one guys lawyer forgot to fill out a form. the tt told him to go to the back of the line, fill out the form and he would be the last case of the day, they were both red as lobsters (the lawyer with shame, the client with anger). my tt was very vocal and demanding, but fair.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X