No announcement yet.

341 Meeting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad I didn't read this from you in advance of my own 341! I was already a wreck, and you pretty much talked me off the ledge daily.

I feel bad, but your comment about staying out of PACER...at least for a day still has me giggling.

If Karma counts for anything, you will have an uneventful 59 more days and finally be done with this!
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
    Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Congrats JustBroke! You have really been thru it first with the Ch 13 and now with the conversion to a Ch 7.... Only 59 days to go!
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congrats to you. Its been a long haul but knowledge is power and if u play your cards right things fall into place.
        I guess my conciliation meeting was yesterday so I will stay off of pacer for a few days and then peak to see if anything is on there. It was still reading 71% payback the last time I looked . ughhhh. I cant wait to see the 40% on there so I know what u mean about looking at pacer
        Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
        Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
        Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

I'm your atypical Chapter 7 filer. I'm (way) over the median. I'm a converted Chapter 13 case. I'm not nervous today, but I did have that feeling in my stomach before entering the 341 Meeting. I was expecting all sorts of questions, but I only had to answer 3 questions (yes only 3). The UST wasn't present, so that was really good. The panel Trustee and I actually joked after the 3 questions, because he fumbled on telling me that I was "concluded". I felt better after leaving.

That's my 2nd 341 Meeting and so I've been to both a Chapter 13 and a Chapter 7 341 Meeting. They both went about the same... no surprises, no creditors, and no UST. The only difference was the number of questions (10 versus 3, respectively).

People should relax. I didn't stay up all night or worry before the meeting, but it definitely sank in when I got to the courthouse. I didn't even both you all on the Forum that my 341 Meeting was yesterday, until after the fact. It should have been just "something that happened to me on the way to the Forum". If you know what I mean. (Pun intended.)

But, alas, it was no big deal... just like I have and will continue to tell people on this Forum! Even we Gurus can get nervous. I say it's only a bad thing if you lose sleep, can't eat, become irritable, and/or go through depression. Those things, you don't need.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You are also an atypical forum user. Being knowledgeable of the workings of a major financial forum, I can tell you that you are a dream user. Most just like to hear themselves talk. Through the years, you have dedicated your time to give solid, informative advice with no agenda. I relied on your info more times than I can count.

I wish you the best and hope that you are released from the BK hell you have been through.

I commend you buddy, you are quite a cool character.

Comment

Thank you fltoo. I just want to bring rational thought and principled guidance to fellow forum members. Yes, I do get a little grumpy when it comes to speculative advice, as I'm conservative in my approach to most things, especially legal things like bankruptcy.

I just hope that we can all contribute in positive ways to help the new members navigate the process. I know exactly what it felt like without anywhere to go and ask questions -- albeit with no legal advice. At least a place where they don't just beat you down and blame you for your mistakes.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just hope this doesn't mean you'll be leaving us.

Comment

You can't get rid of me that easily!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X