Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOLO Book

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new here and I keep reading about this book that is a must have for those attempting to file on their own.

I went online to search for the book and I see that it's $ 25.00. I am wondering if there is a discount code to get it cheaper. I saw a post about someone getting the book for $ 7.00. I really want to start ASAP.

Thank you so very much!

I've never seen it for $7??.........you could go online to Amazon and buy the most recent edition, USED, for about $16 or $17 bucks as I recall. Theres also a download only edition thats less I believe.

Comment

There used to be a coupon E416 that gave you like $10 off. However, looks like NoLo changed their prices and may not allow the coupon anymore.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for replying. I can't seem to be able to find the e-book for no less than $ 23.00 so I'm going to have to wait until next week. Oh well that's life

Comment

I think NoLo press realized they can make a ton of money on the book, these days.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Probably :-)

Comment

According to http://www.retailmenot.com/view/nolo.com, A416 worked to get $10 off a month ago. A464 worked 2 months ago.

Try the codes at nolo.com
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I was able to get the $10.00 off but it wasn't the A416 code. According to them that expired on 3/31/10. When I saw that the code didn't work I left a special comment stating that I used the code and it didn't work. They wrote back and said that they found another code that worked so I was able to get the book for $ 15.99. I don't know what code is effective right now because they didn't tell me what they used just that I got the discount.

Comment

I have read the book the first time and I have a couple of questions so I am not going to really read this forum before I start. I don't have any asset so it shouldn't be hard to file but I am renting property from Rent A Center and I really don't want to have to give it back during my filing so I'm not sure what to do about that. Also, I am a renter current with a great relationship with my landlord but I really would prefer if he didn't know that I am filing. What do I do about that. It was explained but not clearly. Off to research I go.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X