Six months into it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six months into it.

Wow. I can't believe I made it this far already. I'll be making my 6th payment this week.

The budget feels like walking a tight rope every month, but so far, I'm ok. Been able to meet even unexpected expenses, and that is a good feeling, even though it stresses me out when they come up.

I have some employment opportunities coming up that I am optimistic about that will help a lot, one is temporary, August through December, and one is part time, starting in January.

I have been running the scenarios through Best Case to see how they will affect my plan. Hopefully the Trustee won't argue with my increased medical expense when I have to amend my budget, since I really need to get some dental work done. And I have a few other expenses that will necessarily increase once I start working again as well. Transportation, clothing, etc...

It's definitely an adventure.

Congrats on making it to six successful payment months, TG!! The first 6-12 months after filing Ch 13 are often the hardest with the most challenges because of the difficult adjustments to handling finances without using credit at all - you're doing great! We're glad you're sharing your journey and insights so effectively with others here too!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Hey tiger... hang in there.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

tigergem- wow I've been reading your posts. You sound like your really doing a good job! Keep up the good work . Your Chapter 13 makes the Chapter 7 sound like a piece of cake.

Comment

Fortunately I thrive under stress lol!

Gotta look into something. I just saw on the trustee's web site that he has disallowed a creditor's claim. Cool beans! But there is nothing filed in PACER, and I didn't receive any notice of this.

Interesting.

It doesn't say when he did this, but it had to have been sometime after 4/14 because that is when I checked last to make sure my payment had been received.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
            Fortunately I thrive under stress lol!

I love it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X