21 Days to Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 Days to Discharge

I need to just go on vacation or to the space station for a few weeks to keep my mind off of my discharge. I mean, I haven't really thought about it for a week, but now it's on my mind again.

Hopefully, work will keep me busy enough this week (next 5 days) to get it down to 16 days and I'll only worry on the weekend.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Dont' worry From everything you posted here , you sound like you know what your doing. I'm sure if their was a problem, they would have found it by now. Try to relax

Comment

Trying.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

lol - - @ the space station.

Go fishin'!

On second thought... nah... that just gives you more time to think.

Sending good vibes in your general direction. I'm sure it will all go smoothly.

Comment

Here's to your imminent discharge, JB - hang in there! It will finally all be over before you know it!
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Hang in there. Other than doing my education course and getting it turned in, I completely forgot about mine (as much as I could) until the letter came today. We're almost on the same schedule. I'll think good thoughts for you!
            Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
            341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
            Last day for objections: 4/26/10
            Discharged! - 5/3/10

Comment

on Sunday (may 23) I'll send a msg to AngelinaCat to warm up the hampsters, you'll be needing them for a full blown concert the next day.
              This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

I already did all my education during my Chapter 13. This is boring. I wasn't even thinking about my discharge today until someone replied to this thread.

Comment

It's going to be smooth sailing for you. I'm only a few days away myself! Looking so forward to it.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by chriselle View Post
                    on Sunday (may 23) I'll send a msg to AngelinaCat to warm up the hampsters, you'll be needing them for a full blown concert the next day.
                    AND HE'LL GET ONE.

Only one poster who survived more trouble than JB. Us. LOL. 'Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Didn't even think of it today. Too busy working.

Comment

Hey JB,

I really understand exactly that feeling of needing a break-- a real break.

Yesterday, after coming back from bk court, all I could think about was going camping in Malibu (it's so easy and inexpensive, and I love the smell of the earth).

So, the real questions are these before you take your vacation, and I advise taking it.
                        1. Do you really have anything to worry about (bk-wise)? What's the worst case here? Probably, more attention to it. Meeting deadlines etc., having to prepare more. Consider this time a nice break from that to rebuild.
                        2. Someone impressed on me today (because I was sick) the need for water and exercise.
                        3. Get a job with the Census Bureau. They will fill your head with such trivia that you won't have time to think about bk.

It's been so important to me to have you and Tiger around, and the others; but I'm willing to give you a temporary break. gf

Comment

Justbroke, if I had your kind of 'Brain Power' I wouldn't worry at all. My bet is you'll sail thru to discharge.

Comment

Oh wow, your doing a chapter 13? You do sound really smart! Hey they should call this the smart people's forum not the pro se forum? hehe. My friend from paralegal school did her own divorce (with kids/custody) and even she said I'm nuts for doing my own bankruptcy. I didn't finish my paralegal degree, and she's been in the field for two years on the job! (probate, wills and estates though)

Comment

Wow, I feel jealous of some of you for being so happy about the impending discharge. Mine is bittersweet, since I still have IRS debt and a huge student loan that I'm going to have to deal with. Right before I filed Chapter 13, I had gotten every deferment/forbearance that I was eligible for. I only converted to get rid of my Jeep.
                              Filed Ch.13 August 2008,
                              Converted to Ch.7 03/31/10, 341 Meeting 05/05/2010, Discharged 07/16/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X