Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preparing to file - Pro Se.

Good Afternoon BKForum,

Ok, I'm finally about to file for my BK Chapter 7!!! I ordered the recommended book by Nolo 2010. I just would like to ask this question (please forgive me if the answer is already online)

What is the best way to go about finding out everything that I owe to my creditors. I ordered credit report from the 3 CRA, but I just want to make sure that I cover all of my bases. Moreover, when I was going through the credit reports, the account numbers are short (or incomplete) I guess that this is done for security reasons. Can someone please guide me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time and special thanks to all of you that make BKFORUM the great resource that it is.

Originally posted by prettyboy5 View Post
    What is the best way to go about finding out everything that I owe to my creditors. I ordered credit report from the 3 CRA, but I just want to make sure that I cover all of my bases.
    A tri-merge credit report (3 CRA report) is the best way.

Originally posted by prettyboy5 View Post
    Moreover, when I was going through the credit reports, the account numbers are short (or incomplete) I guess that this is done for security reasons. Can someone please guide me in the right direction.
    If you know the original account number use the LAST 4 DIGITS ONLY. If you are using them from the creditor report, just use the last four digits. The creditor actually gets your full SSN when the bankruptcy court notifies them, so it should key from that. Furthermore, putting at least the last 4 of the actual account number or the last 4 of the credit bureau account number correctly identifies the account. It shouldn't matter anyhow, as they -- the creditor -- should go by your SSN.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks Justbroke....that answered my question!

Comment

I'd also recommend that you review your schedule. Did you have any medical tests performed? If there's anything not covered by insurance, that's still your debt and will need to be included on your schedules.

If you have a debt to your doctor or a medical facility or anyone else you want to stay on friendly terms with, give them a heads up on your filing. You're not allowed to make preferential payments to creditors post filing (or during filing), but you are allowed to pay whomever whatever you want after you receive your discharge.
        4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
        I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X