Another good reason to file Pro Se...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good reason to file Pro Se...

... you get to learn more of a dead language than you ever thought you needed to know.

Latin word for the day: nunc pro tunc

Nunc pro tunc is a phrase which theoretically applies to acts that are allowed to be done after the time expires. I hope I am never forced to say it out loud.

I'll give you three guesses as to what I was doing today. Please note jb... it is 3:20 a.m. and I have not called for intervention.

Sounds more like something Chuck Norris would do to the bad guys.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

LOL At least your looking at the bright side.

Comment

Now you know one of the reasons why attorneys get paid so much... :-)

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

New Latin Word for the day:

Sua Sponte:

Latin for "of one's own will," meaning on one's own volition, usually referring to a judge's order made without a request by any party to the case.

What I don't get is how this term "Sua Sponte" was appropriate as it was applied. I clearly asked for the ruling in my motion, so it was not made without a request. Heck, I even wrote the order. But that is what it says in PACER. "Sua Sponte". Maybe just a data entry thing on the clerk's part?

Not that it really matters. What matters is he signed it. heehee!

Comment

I love sua sponte. I like when the Judge just sees things going on in a case and just calls a Show Cause hearing out of nowhere!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              I love sua sponte. I like when the Judge just sees things going on in a case and just calls a Show Cause hearing out of nowhere!
              Really? How does that happen? He just happens to randomly pick up a case and reads through it and says A HA! A CAUSE! ? I mean... seriously? I figured the judge was probably too busy to actually read through cases.

But this particular order, I don't think, was really sua sponte. Because that is my proposed order on my claim objection that says sua sponte in PACER. So it didn't come to him by osmosis or anything like that.

Comment

They sometimes will watch a particular case and see papers moving back and forth and intervene. Doesn't happen often. I saw one where my Judge ripped one of the JDBs apart. The JDB known as eCast Settlement. She consolidated several cases and fined them.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  They sometimes will watch a particular case and see papers moving back and forth and intervene. Doesn't happen often. I saw one where my Judge ripped one of the JDBs apart. The JDB known as eCast Settlement. She consolidated several cases and fined them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X