Paying filing fee in installments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying filing fee in installments

Does anyone know whether paying the filing fee for a Chapter 7 in installments has any effect on the date of the 341 hearing?

I'd want to file a few days before I'll have the entire fee to get things going and would prefer the wait for the 341 hearing not to be prolonged.

Thanks for your help.
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

I don't think an installment plan on the filing fees affects your 341 schedule at all. I had paid my filing fees in installments, and my 341 was scheduled as "normal". It was later continued for a completely different reason. But I went ahead and paid my filing fees in advance of the approved installment plan and in advance of the original 341, just to make it look it good. I didn't need as much time as I asked for to begin with, but I designed my installment plan with a worst case scenario in mind. Good luck!

Comment

I did mine in installments and had a normal 341 date

Comment

The filing fee doesn't affect the 341 Meeting. However, you won't get a discharge until the entire fee is paid. Also, if you don't pay on time, they will dismiss your case.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks everyone, for the information. One less thing to worry about.
          11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
          02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
          08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
          09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X