Amend typo on schedule C post 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amend typo on schedule C post 341?

I'm moving this here from exemptions forum since I didn't get any response there. At 341 meeting I noticed something off with schedule C, turned out to a typo where I listed exempt value for one asset as $500 rather than full estimated value of $800. Trustee didn't notice at the 341 meeting but might catch it later. It's inconsequential since there is enough room to exempt the full value and I guarantee nobody wants surrender of these assets. Should I file an amended schedule C anyway, or will it just piss the trustee off to deal with it? If I should amend, who do I have to notify?
    I am not an attorney. This post does not constitute legal advice.

If the item is not of any "consequential value" then I see no need to amend Schedule C. You have the right to amend any schedule until the case is closed so you can either do it now (if you are losing sleep) or later (if something pops up).

Des.

Comment

Thanks, UST entered report of no distribution on PACER today so I guess it is OK.
      I am not an attorney. This post does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

What is 'report of no distribution?' (Meaning that you're not having to give them anything you own?)

Comment

If the trustee determines that all your assets are exempt, a report of no distribution will be filed with the bankruptcy court.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks, I'm learning and taking in so much from reading here and there...it takes some time for some of the BK vernacular to soak in even if I've initially seen it in sentences. Like learning a foreign language, a little repetition is needed, lol! Actually, all these new terms can be overwhelming at first and then when bits begin to sink in, things start seeming a little more calm! (Slowly, though.)

Comment

Also, a minor correction... it's the Panel Trustee not the United States Trustee (UST) that files the report of no distribution. The Panel Trustee -- the person who examines you at the 341 Meeting -- is the "trustee" responsible for finding assets and liquidating non-exempt assets. The UST is an employee of the Department of Justice and is responsible for the oversight of the entire Bankruptcy program and is generally the office (Office of the United States Trustee) which brings forth dismissals or criminal complaints in bankruptcies.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X