Pro Se Chapter 7 Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Se Chapter 7 Success!

My husband and I filed Chapter 7 without an attorney on Nov. 5th. We were told all kinds of horror stories about people who filed pro se. But I'm here to tell you, we sailed through.

The trick is to read everything on the Bankruptcy Court site and ask the court clerk all the questions you don't have a lawyer to ask.

We had our 341 meeting on Nov. 28th. BK discharged on March 11. Reaffirmation hearing on March 28th and reaffirmation approved at the hearing. It's over. And now we can get on with our lives. And the best part? NO LAWYER FEES.

Lawyers don't seem to understand the concept of BANKRUPTCY.

So I wish good luck to all the pro se filers out there. It's not that difficult and much less expensive!!

Trudy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did it, and NO ATTORNEY fees!!! That is a double congrats!! Even though you haven't been with the Forum long, you still get your very own Dance of Victory!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations. I always enjoy a pro se discharge party!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It's always good to hear a story like yours....very inspiring!!!

Comment

That is wonderful. I wanted to do Prose but with all my bills being in collections I don't really know who I owe so I had to pay for an attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X