Another Pro Se Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Pro Se Discharge

Woohoo! I was discharged this past Friday. I am glad the forum is back up and running again. Thanks to all of you who have contributed and shared your experiences it has help me a great deal to be able to file my own bankruptcy. I am awaiting closing now.

I do have a question. I did not reaffirm my car loan (the CU does not reaffirm w/Pro Se filers). Do I contact them to pick up the car? and to be clear once they come to get the car as I am assuming its a repo they cannot list it as repo on my credit report. The car is IIB on TU and EQ but not EXPN. Expn shows it as an open loan.

another pro se'er!! does it!!

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Grats. It is so very well to be able to give you our Forum's good fortune for your new starts. Here is your Victory dance:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Congrats.

On the car I'm guessing it hasn't been too long since you made your last payment? Most creditors repossess within 90days of a missed payment. You can either let them come get it, or help them out, save them some cash and contact them asking about where to turn it in and help them out. There's no shame in it since you've already filed bankruptcy. It's all in how you feel about your credit union and whether you want to be nice. And yes it should not be on your credit report anymore as the debt should be wiped clean in your discharge.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Attagirl!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

A belated Congratulations! I'm always happy to read about a Pro Se discharge!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks Everyone!!!

Comment

I have not heard from the CU nor am I calling. Its been 2 weeks or so,since discharge, I have not reaffirmed I am still driving the vehicle as I am not in any rush to get another car so I am trying to ride this one as long as I can. My registration is due now (October renewal)and I am not sure if I should re-register the car. My insurance for full coverage is about 70 a month so its not killing my pockets at the moment. I am not sure because the CU is not local they are in PA how it would work since it may not be worth it to them to come to my state to get the car. Should I register the vehicle?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X