FL law- 341 meeting off limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hkdaisy View Post
    I'm in Palm Beach county, I figured out where the 341 meeting was but could not get the trustee's schedule. I looked on my local FL court website http://www.flsb.uscourts.gov/ but could not find any type of schedule for Chp7 (only chp 13).
    Tobee43, filed, Hub, & freedy03, how did you find the trustee's schedule to know when you can sit in on the 341 meeting?
    I didn't. I just went to the place that my 341 appointment letter stated. I just went a little early.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Freddy: I think the OP wants to attend a 341 BEFORE filing so she has no appointment letter.

hkdaisy: Sign up for PACER. You know what district you're in. Look for a recent case in your district. Open up one of the cases--it'll list the trustee's info (name and contact info). Once you have the contact info, contact them and ask.
      Don
      Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
      Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

Thank you doni49! I should have made it clearer that I wanted to attend the 341 meeting BEFORE filing. You all are so helpful on this forum, can't thank you enough!!! Happy new 2012 )
        Filed chp 7 pro se 1/9/12 341 meeting 2/14/12 Pass/Fail Means Test 2/28/12 Last day for Trustee or Creditor to object to my claims of personal property 3/14/12 Deadline for creditors to file AP 4/14/12

Comment

Hi hkdaisy: 'Hub and I are in the Middle District Florida (Jacksonville). Chances are that you might be somewhere in the Middle District also. Here is a shole page of 'hits' that came up when I googled "florida middle district bankruptcy":

You may need to copy and paste this link into your browser. One of these links might help provide you with information.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi AngelinaCat, thanks so much for the link. I am filing in Southern District of FL. I have been using this local website for help.http://www.flsb.uscourts.gov/Pro_Se/pro_se_frame.html

I'll also search Pacer as doni49 suggested.

It's been a couple of months since I ran my credit report, I have not gotten any letters from collection agencies yet (I'm over 90 days past due on my credit cards and car payment). Should I run another credit report from all 3 agencies before I file so I don't miss anything in my schedule? I hate to file and then find out I did not include the fees from collection agencies.
            Filed chp 7 pro se 1/9/12 341 meeting 2/14/12 Pass/Fail Means Test 2/28/12 Last day for Trustee or Creditor to object to my claims of personal property 3/14/12 Deadline for creditors to file AP 4/14/12

Comment

When I went to my 341 it was in an office building where the trustee office is. There was a waiting room and a smaller room off there. Each person was called in one by one and the door was shut. I was in there alone with my attorney. If someone had wanted to come in there with me to observe I really don't think they would of been allowed to do that. Maybe a chapter 13 is different because when I filed chapter 7 it was in the courthouse and there were lots of people there. I don't remember now if people were able to observe that.

Bascially I sat down across from her desk, she swore me in and asked me a series of questions to confirm things in my filing. If I had lied or omitted things I'm sure I would of been nervous to attend. Being that I did everything the way it was supposed to be done it really was not stressful and very easy. About 5-10 minutes, the same as everyone else on this board.

I don't really see the advantage to going to someone elses 341 meeting. Their circumstances are different than yours and the way the trustee is towards them is probably not an indication of how they will be with your case. To each their own I guess but I don't really see doing this would be an advantage to you.
              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

dew, you missed an old member gman. (after his discharge i have not seen him really again) i think he went to over 20 or more 341s!!! LOL!! he had the system down pat by the time he had to go to his. although, he was pro se filer and just wanted to get an edge on the situation. he learned what to expect with respect to the types of questions the trustees asked, how the responses went, what to wear, what NOT to wear and so on and so forth.it was an interesting and an excellent learning experience he shared with us all.

here, at least in the middle district, the rooms are open. one can walk in and out freely. i actually never heard people getting called in one at a time? interesting, but understandable, that gives people much more privacy.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by hkdaisy View Post
                  Thank you doni49! ....... You all are so helpful on this forum, can't thank you enough!!!
                  You're welcome glad to help (and hopefully it DOES help).

This forum and its members proved to be an invaluable aid in helping me get my case filed and discharged. Now I come around here mainly to try an do what I can to "pay it forward"--I think that's the best way I can ever thank the members.
                  Don

Comment

HKD: I just found what looks like a listing of all the BK trustees for your district.

Don

Comment

Thank you sooooo...very much doni. Should I call them and ask when the 341 meetings are so I can attend some of them?

Comment

That's what we did.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
                          When I went to my 341 it was in an office building where the trustee office is. There was a waiting room and a smaller room off there. Each person was called in one by one and the door was shut. I was in there alone with my attorney. If someone had wanted to come in there with me to observe I really don't think they would of been allowed to do that. Maybe a chapter 13 is different because when I filed chapter 7 it was in the courthouse and there were lots of people there. I don't remember now if people were able to observe that.

Bascially I sat down across from her desk, she swore me in and asked me a series of questions to confirm things in my filing. If I had lied or omitted things I'm sure I would of been nervous to attend. Being that I did everything the way it was supposed to be done it really was not stressful and very easy. About 5-10 minutes, the same as everyone else on this board.

I don't really see the advantage to going to someone elses 341 meeting. Their circumstances are different than yours and the way the trustee is towards them is probably not an indication of how they will be with your case. To each their own I guess but I don't really see doing this would be an advantage to you.
                          Mine was held in council chambers at city hall. Everyone sat in the gallery until their name was called and then went up. Those in the gallery could hear everything ghe trustee
                          said and most of what the debtors/attorneys said too.
                          Don

Comment

My 341 was held in a Federal Building. Two weeks before, to be certain of the location I went on a dry run, and up to the floor where the meetings were held. I went through the metal scanners and since the security guards asked, told them them what I was doing. I was directed to the floor where the meetings were held, could see through the glass doors, but didn't even enter the outer room. I was afraid there would be another guard around, and I'd have to give all sorts of info and ID why I happened to be there.

Then on the day of my 341, I arrived about 45 minutes early. I sat in the outer room, and was able to tell how some people thought their meeting went by the expressions on their faces. A man walked out looking like he had lost his best friend. 5 mins later a woman walked out with a big smile.

Then my attorney arrived, and I noticed a couple there, were also his clients. All of us went into the inner room (marked: Chapter 13), which was a very large, court like type of room. Another person was up. I'm slightly hard of hearing, had to sit a little too far away, and I couldn't really tell what was being said. Then I was called next.

Comment

I am so glad my 341 was so different. It was held in an office building and all the clients sat outside like a doctors office waiting room. The trustee called people into a small conference room and the door was closed. The desk was a bit bigger but that is about it. The waiting room had magazines and vending machines. Weird that it's so different. It was Minneapolis so it isn't like it was a small town.

When I went for my chapter 7 it was held at the courhouse but it was so long ago I don't remember anything about that day.
                              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X