Getting Ready to file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready to file

Hello I just wanted to say hello and say that I am getting things ready for my ch 7 filing. This website is great and has answered a lot of questions for me already.

I have a few that I could not find the answer to, I probally missed it. I found the NOLO book and it has been very helpful, Also I have seen Best Case as a way to check stuff, but has anybody have a suggestion for the software/website to fill in the forms correctly?

I have found several places that will fill plug int information you give them into the forms correctly. But has anyone used any?

Thanks for the help and look forward to your answers.

Mark

Welcome to BKForum.

As a pro se filer, you are responsible for making sure the forms are filled in correctly and that all required forms are filed. Even if you hire a document preparation service, they are only supposed to put information where you tell them to. You need to educate yourself well enough that you are confident that your petition is correctly prepared.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks , I am now have third thoughts about all of it as I am filling in the paperwork and looking everything over. And reading some more of the post that are saying that I need a lawyer. The only reason I am filing is for a Repo that they are garnishing my wages for 9K. I have some old cc debt. A current car that I am current on. I am on the title for the house but not the note. So I have that, but no other assets.

Starting to feel a little doubt now.

Comment

I used OpenOffice sotware. It was able to import the PDF files and from there, I entered my info. One caveat: some of the PDF files didn't import exactly the way they were supposed to. Two examples: checkboxes on one form imported as the letter G. And some of the big boxes where you are supposed to input your info didn't have the black border lines like the original. I made sure to fix all those errors and then entered my info.

Nobody said a thing about it.
        Don
        Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
        Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

I purchased NitroPDF. Some people have downloaded and used the "trial" version of Adobe. My docs, however, were initially done by a document preparation service. They didn't do a great job, but most of the forms were okay. I edited the "problem" forms with Nitro PDF.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ffpmme, you might try posting questions to get help with whatever has you stumped. It's not a substitute for an attorney and filing pro se should not be done lightly, but there are a lot of knowledge people here who are willing to help point you in the right direction.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Well thanks for the info. I have gone and just got it all filled out and just waiting on my wife to get em her info for the schedule I and the 22A.

I have 2 questions.

1) I am thinking abut getting rid of my car and getting a new one. Here is my thinking; I have a 2008 dodge that i got at a 25% intrest and is costing me 400 a month. If I get a new focus, I would get a MUCH LOWER rate and maybe a lower payment, plus I have a car that I could rely on after this is over and my credit is shot for 3 years. So I do not have to pay 25% intrest on a bad car.

My question: Would this be looked at as fraud? I woudl re-affarm the car 100% first thing, no questions but becasue of the timing would this do more harm then good?

2) On the tp page of Schedule c it asks for you to choose "exemptions to which I am entitled"

My options are 11 USC 522 (b)(2) or 11 USC 522 (b)(3)

I can not tell the diffrence between the two. Any light to shed on the subject would be great!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X