top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 7 Pro Se filer, checked PACER today - discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 Pro Se filer, checked PACER today - discharged!

I filed for a chapter 7 pro se, my 341 meeting was December 12, so today was 62 days from the 341. I can't believe how quickly this process seemed to go. And my total cost for all of this was less than $70 because I got a fee waiver. Not bad for getting rid of almost 200k in bills (almost all medical). The only costs I had were for copying all the documents, mailing everything to the court, and my PACER bill for spending too much time looking at other cases. Also, I filed in the Illinois northern district in Chicago, so I'm kind of surprised to have gotten the discharge so quickly after the 60 day period ended. Now I've got to get to work trying to find a secured card that unsecures and trying to find a decent car loan. I'll try to hold out on the car loan for as long as possible, but given that I drive a 13 year old car with 225k miles on it, I know it could go at any time.

Happy Fresh Start to you!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have another Discharge Party Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please don't be so eager to get back into the credit card mess again. It is better to learn to live on 'cash only', and build up a savings account and emergency fund.
        Last edited by AngelinaCat; 02-13-2013, 07:05 AM.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on a great achievement.
          Hope you will stick around to help other pro-se'ers.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Great Job

Comment

Thanks everyone!

And AngelinaCat, I only want a secured card so I can get a decent credit score again. I will probably need to buy a car pretty soon, and I'd like to buy a house in a few years. I've never been much of a credit card user, and even when I filed, I had only 4 credit cards, with none of them over 10% utilization. I'm pretty cheap, and a bad consumer. I don't buy a lot of stuff, and even the tv I own is a 15 year old 19 inch. What messed me up was losing my job, getting sick soon after, and being too stubborn to file right away, so I cashed out all my stocks and my IRA to pay the bills, but even then I was 200k short. Live and learn, I guess. I anticipate that I will be just as anti-consumerist after my discharge as I was before, so I don't think I'll get in any trouble.

Comment

Congratulations! I love Pro Se discharges!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke! I love pro se discharges too! I think it's great that so many of us are brave enough to try this on our own, and that we are succesful. Of course many of us have no other options, as we couldn't afford a lawyer, but still, we could have have just ignored our situations and let them get worse. It takes a great deal of dedication to learn all that we needed to learn to do this, and a lot of confidence in ourselves to actually file the documents.

Comment

Great Job, congrats and welcome to the club. Enjoy your fresh start!
                    Don
                    Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
                    Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

Congratulations!!
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X