top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renting house and filing Chapter 7, 1 thing is unclear..Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting house and filing Chapter 7, 1 thing is unclear..Help?

Hello,

I am looking into filing Chapter 7 myself, I will more then qualify, my old house was Foreclosed and we have been renting our current home, which I am up to date on and never been late (need a roof over my head).

My question is on the b_001 form, it has a section for if your renting a residence. I am not behind, nor do I intend to not pay my landlord during the bankruptcy process. I would just assume leave my renting out of the bankruptcy entirely.. is that possible? or am I misunderstanding something?

i'm not exactly certain what you mean. however,you do want to include rent as you need it to formulate your DMI. everyone needs housing whether you intend to stop paying while you go through the process or not.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks for the response, What I was asking is, on the b_001 form there is a section titled :

Certification by a Debtor Who Resides as a Tenant of Residential Property

it says to check all which apply, am I reading into it by thinking I have to choose something here? I plan on continuing to pay my rent the entire time, as per usual. (its almost the only bill I can afford to pay currently and I dont want to end up homeless)

Comment

I was renting at the time when I filed. I did not list anything on the Petition (Official Form B-1). The item on that page is for people in arrears or their landlord has initiated eviction proceedings prior to filing.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X