Not sure what this means, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what this means, please help!

Clk Ntc Re: B23 Filed 04/24/2014 Due 07/21/2014 (Checked this on Pacer)

When I open this up, it shows the info I received regarding my 341 meeting and a list of creditors that also received notice.

What is this? I've looked online but I can't find any info. I don't want my case to be thrown out because I failed to file something.

Oh I think it's the post bankruptcy counseling. Is this correct?

Comment

Okay so I figured out that the b23 is the form I need to file in regards to the post bankruptcy counseling. I also have a line showing Financial Management due by 08/04/2014. I'm a bit confused because aren't they the same? Wouldn't they be due the same time? Why the different time frame?

Comment

No, they are not due at the same time. The credit counseling course is the one you take before you file. After you file, you must take the financial management course. If you haven't already, take the course now and get form B23 filed. If you already took the course and filed the form and Pacer shows a record of the filing, don't worry about it.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Please speak with your case manager about this. In most Districts, a pro se debtor must file both the Schedule B23 and a copy of the completion certificate for the financial management course. It must be done before discharge. It's best to just get it done after the 341 meeting.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X