Question regarding amendments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding amendments

We're almost to the end of our journey and the last thing I need to do is file our B23 form and our completion of debtor education.

I'm stuck. I have the forms completed and I've printed out our certifications but I cannot find the form to submit stating that I'm amending our petition to include these documents.

Bankruptcy is through Southern Illinois district and any help is much appreciated.

I'm so conflicted and I'm almost at the end.

Based off what I've read, I don't actually need to file an amendment to include these documents?? I thought anytime you changed or added documents, an amendment had to be filed?

Comment

I can't say that I fully understand your question. If you are filing the Financial Management course, a/k/a the second course, then you just file the certificate along with the Official Form B23 (Debtor Financial Management Course Certification Form).

This is not considered an "amendment". An amendment is when you change an existing form (that was already filed). This is just a required form.
      Last edited by justbroke; 07-21-2014, 05:19 PM. Reason: corrected name of course
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

To put it another way, form B23 is not part of your petition or an amendment to your petition. It is a separate document required to get your discharge. Fill I out, sign it, file it. Done!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X