Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally discharged

Hello out there!
    Well it's been a long journey from start to finish.
    As of yesterday I'm finally discharged from Bankruptcy court and feeling good.
    This time around iv'e finally learned my lesson about debt.
    It took this long but lesson learned.

I can't believe I missed this! Congratulations on your Pro Se discharge! I love pro se discharges for some unknown reason.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Looks like a lot of us missed this.

Congratulations, timewalk169! Great job!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks you
        Feels good to have it all done.
        Pretty interesting thing happened after
        My discharge my credit jumped around
        80 points.

Comment

That is a nice score increase!! Enjoy your fresh start.
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I am so glad I registered here. I filed a Chapter 7 Pro Se 8 years ago. I remember when I first started out, I was so overwhelmed and of course everybody told me I was foolish to do this, however I forged ahead and decided to treat this experience like a new college student. I researched, I studied, I read, I documented, I kept notes, I went to court rooms of bankruptcy cases and I used the Bankruptcy library. At the end of the Pro Se case, my Bankruptcy was cleared and I do believe the judge asked me as I was leaving "which lawyer did you get to help you because I know you did not do this on your own" .....after I recovered from him asking such a inappropriate question, I said "nobody sir" and walked out. I continued to monitor my information just in case he decided to do something stupid to me, but nothing ever happen and I have been walking the straight and narrow of credit and money responsibilities ever since.
            So many things happen to folks during their life, but I am glad I don't look like all the things I have been through.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X