IRS notice of levy - am I too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS notice of levy - am I too late?

Today I received a "Taxpayer's Copy of Notice of Levy". I had a note on my desk the last 2 weeks to call them and try to set up a payment plan. Without being too dramatic... I've really been on the edge lately. Every time I picked up the phone, either something else pulled my attention away or I just got panicky and couldn't do it.

My question is if I call on Monday, do you think it's too late to set up a payment plan? I owe just under $4,000. I saw on PACER that trustee is paying them about $800. The "trustee final report" has been up there for 3 weeks, so I don't know when they will actually disperse to the IRS.

Another thing that may buy me some time, is that it looks like they have my old bank on the notice. That acct was closed last summer and I have a new checking acct with a small bank. I have no savings. There's almost nothing in my checking right now. I am self-employed, but one of my main clients sends me a direct deposit once a month. That's what I depend on for my mortgage.

The winter was pretty bad for biz. It's picking up for me now, so I'm hopeful I can make a monthly payment. I'm just so tired of my assets (which is a hilarious thing to call what I have) "being looked at" and I'm hoping for some tiny bit of peace.

Thanks everyone.
    BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

No, it's not too late if you call Monday. The notice is just the first step they must do before taking further action. You have plenty of time before any court orders could be made that will actually start garnishing your check. BUT do not put it off any more. Call first thing Monday and get that hurdle behind you. You will feel much better, I promise.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Okay cat, will do (I swear!)... although...with tomorrow being my anniversary/St. Patty's Day, Monday may come a little early.
      BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Okay, just got off the phone w/a nice IRS lady. On hold for about 1/2 hour, but then only about 15 min to talk to speak with the rep. She put a hold on the levy. It had already been sent to the bank, but they had the wrong bank (closed that acct June last year) so that's good. She told me to get my 2012 taxes filed so they can add that amount due to the payment plan. If they do the payment plan without it, it will default when I file the 2012 return. So, that's what I'll be doing tonight. Okay, I'm starting to feel a tiny little bit of the fresh start...

Comment

that's excellent news! so glad to hear it. i know it is trouble some with the irs thing hanging over you. glad it all worked out!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations!!! I told you that you would feel better...
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X