No announcement yet.

Getting Lien releases after Ch13 discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect! yes I do see their bad reps so no overtly personal account info. Would a copy of the bk claim form to prove their claim was included in the bankruptcy help? I'll also cc my bankruptcy attorney who did the ch13. maybe that might nudge them. thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by goosebumps View Post
      Perfect! yes I do see their bad reps so no overtly personal account info. Would a copy of the bk claim form to prove their claim was included in the bankruptcy help? I'll also cc my bankruptcy attorney who did the ch13. maybe that might nudge them. thanks again!
      A copy of their claim may be perfect. Mention, in the letter, that you attached a copy of their "unsecured" claim form as filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy court in your case.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

There's an awesome case from the chief judge in the Western District of Virginia. This is where a creditor that purposely filed an "unsecured" claim when they held an enforceable lien against property. The Court ruled in favor of the debtor that the lien is void under 11 USC 506(d). That case was also involving a "secure" judicial lien. Something to discuss with your prior attorney or during the new consultations.

(Just a side-question... do you know how that creditor was treated by your Chapter 13 Plan? Was it listed as secured or not named in the Plan? Or, was it listed as something like Avoid Lien in the Plan? I'm just wondering how your Plan treated the creditor or if it was silent. If it was silent, that was probably because they filed as unsecured.)
        Last edited by justbroke; 01-27-2015, 06:15 PM.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's extremely encouraging. The creditor in the official bk docs is listed as 'unsecured'. My mortgage arrears were listed as secured, and my IRS taxes were listed as priority, so I'm pretty sure its the right docs I'm looking at.

Comment

You should be looking at the chap 13 plan and the order confirming plan.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X