Wanna swap lean Christmas stories??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna swap lean Christmas stories??

I have not bought one thing , I haven’t even stepped foot in my usual shopping spots. I am fortunate that I don’t have a big extended family to buy for. I will come up with a few modest gifts at some point. Have decorations up but no tree this year. It be naked without gifts under it. Lol gotta see the humor . I’m a little sad but I shape up pretty quick because I know it can always be worse and someone else is suffering more .Thankful my troubles are not bigger then they could be right now.

I hear ya. Not feeling it this year. Although I have a bit of cash left in the bank and a credit card or two that isn't maxed out I know I'm on the edge of the 'inevitable'. So kinda somber and depressing for me this year, and I'll be glad when it's over. I don't remember the last time I genuinely was in the Christmas mood though, even in past years. That makes me sad. Growing up, my parents were poor and yet Christmas was special. Oh yea, and that was when there was still peace on earth too. So much of the holiday has become commercialized and stressful. And I feel pressure from many sides to participate in something here that I'd rather just skip.

Comment

I can't wait for Christmas to see how lean it will be. This year was the first Thanksgiving where I sat home alone, no dinner (sandwich from the fridge), and no company. I never left the house. But don't feel sorry for 'justbroke' as I was giving thanks that my Chapter 13 case was discharged (in August), and was soon to be closed. (My case finally closed this first week of December... over 3 months from discharge.)

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

@justbroke...congrats on the discharge& closing!! Merry Christmas!
        Last edited by Layla55; 12-13-2019, 08:54 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

My Christmas "shopping" will consist of making my 1st payment 1/1 on my CH13 just filed 12/16. My 'present' to my Mom is confessing I had to file CH13 a second time to deal with overwhelming back tax debt, sigh. Merry Christmas mom - your daughter is a financial mess again (sob). But do have a roof over my head, a job, friends to vent on, and food to eat (though I've been so stressed out, hard to eat properly, down to 112 pounds - sigh).

I did squeeze in some special treats for my 2 dogs and 4 cats so they will enjoy Christmas eve. My sis is a blessing, have been venting to her - she got me a few little things even though I said I can't buy any gifts this year.

justbroke, congrats on discharge! Happy Holidays & a much better year ahead to all forum members.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X