top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the mask logo going to come down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the mask logo going to come down?

I think we need to move on and give that logo a Fresh Start!

As someone who has had COVID 3 times (and yes I'm fully vaccinated), we're not even remotely ready for a "Fresh Start" yet. I vote the mask logo stays up for many more months.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Something knocked me down flat for a few days, around November of 2019. Was it COVID before it was a known world wide thing? I dunno. But it felt different than the usual for that season. I have generally enjoyed excellent health and have a strong natural immunity and have always been very athletic, eating clean, get lots of fresh air and sunlight. See Ellen White health protocols

Strong,vigorous daily workouts have been the secret to a strong constitution and mental health. I intend to be "fighting fight" for the rest of my life and live to be over 100. And one of the benefits of being broke is not being able to afford junk food or vices!

I highly recommend daily morning exercise for a Fresh Start to the day! Train like the greatest of all time and declare WAR on your goals. Of course consult your doctor etc. But this has worked for me
      Last edited by bornfree2; 02-22-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

I'm in my mid-60s and can still run a sub-2-hour half marathon, I do plenty of working out; like it or don't, believe it or not, being in good shape will in no way protect you from getting COVID. True, being in good shape and working out while you have this particular malady may well allow you to recover faster, but that's about it.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Ironically, this evening I learn from a family member their little one got a high fever and was tested. The rest of the family followed with him. Was it COVID, i dunno, but something out there got to them. They have all recovered quickly as they are a very active family. Sickness and recovery will only make them stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by bornfree2 View Post
            Ironically, this evening I learn from a family member their little one got a high fever and was tested. The rest of the family followed with him. Was it COVID, i dunno, but something out there got to them. They have all recovered quickly as they are a very active family. Sickness and recovery will only make them stronger.
            It doesn't work that way; any immunity from having COVID is fleeting at best.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Something knocked me down flat for a few days, around November of 2019. Was it COVID before it was a known world wide thing? I dunno. But it felt different than the usual for that season. I have generally enjoyed excellent health and have a strong natural immunity and have always been very athletic, eating clean, get lots of fresh air and sunlight. See Ellen White health protocols

Strong,vigorous daily workouts have been the secret to a strong constitution and mental health. I intend to be "fighting fight" for the rest of my life and live to be over 100. And one of the benefits of being broke is not being able to afford junk food or vices!

I highly recommend daily morning exercise for a Fresh Start to the day! Train like the greatest of all time and declare WAR on your goals. Of course consult your doctor etc. But this has worked for me
              Working in a nursing home I can tell you Covid is an equal opportunity infector when it comes to our employees. We had many who thought they had "natural immunity" or "some people just won't get covid."

And don't count on antibodies research is showing they "might last a year." We know they last a good 90 days. Also many people in my work place, talking employees not just the elderly or compromised got Covid twice.

Don't think just because you avoided it that you will be free from infection. Even if you got it Nov 2019 those antibodies are long gone and honestly I heard many many many people including myself wonder if they had Covid before we knew since many of us were unusually sick. I had a nasty cough that was non productive after a coworker came back from California very sick. But I was tested and NO antibodies. I tested maybe 8 months or so after I was sick so who knows maybe it was early Covid and the antibodies were gone by 8 months later.

If you are not working in a high risk workplace I think it's easier to avoid Covid unless you hang out with people who are not careful and bring covid to you or to events.

I am pretty sure in January I caught it from a sloppy coworker who came in coughing and used poor hygiene techniques. I had seen him wiping his nose and not washing his hands and we had used the same computer and I was in close contact with him without googles when he was coughing. I have my mask on at work most of the time except when I am alone or distanced. But since we are not fit tested the masks are not as effective as they can be.

Anyway Covid is real and some people get very sick from it. This last variant was not as bad for most people and vaccination helps curb the symptoms which I also saw the workplace with the non vaccinated and non boostered co workers had the worst cases. And even with the variant the vaccine breaks down the chain of the virus even different variant which makes it less symptoms and less symptoms means shorter course and less transmission. I am pretty sure I did not share Covid with anyone even my husband or few people I hung out with during that contagious time before you know you are positive. I had a runny nose/sneezing, but thought it was just my cat allergy since my daughter has one, even though I did think I was reacting to the cat worse than usual, but I had reacted that bad to some cats in the past. I am very thankful that the people I was with for a family holiday get together did not catch it. I wash hands after any sneezing or nose blowing, etc and naturally do my best not to sneeze/cough around others.

A coworker lost his father to Covid. Yes he was older, but he also swam 30 laps a day and was a health and exercise nut. He was healthy and strong and not immune compromised even though he was older. He lost his father during this last outbreak during January. My coworker was not boosted and was very sick and had contact with family while he was symptomatic, but wasn't tested as he called off of work a few days, tested when he came back to work.

I think people get a false sense of security if they or their circle has not been effected. I had seen my coworkers who thought they were immune since they had been "exposed" many times at the nursing home. Now people like my daughter who work in a low risk job where they disinfect and stay home (can work from home) if they have any symptoms can avoid Covid while still doing somewhat normal things like going out to dinner, going to the stores, going other places, etc. That doesn't mean she has super immunity it's just she is in a lower risk situation.

I had told my husband many times I felt safer going to the restaurant than I did in my own workplace and if I ever got Covid it would be at work. Now that we are required to be vaccinated there will be less risk in the nursing homes. When our outbreak started it was only the non vaccinated who were bringing it in the building and once it went through them some of us partially and fully vaccinated people caught it. I am glad mine was mild. The greatest effect was fatigue which lasted over a month afterwards because I would come home from work and feel like I was done for the day--felt that way every day which was not normal for me.
              I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by Carmella View Post
                And don't count on antibodies research is showing they "might last a year." We know they last a good 90 days. Also many people in my work place, talking employees not just the elderly or compromised got Covid twice.
                ^THIS!
                • I got COVID in January of 2020, it turned into a 10-month long affair
                • I got my first vaccine in April of 2021
                • I got my second vaccine in May of 2021
                • I got my second case of COVID in August 2021 (symptoms lasted 3 days)
                • I got my third vaccine in November of 2021
                • I got my third case of COVID in January of 2022 (symptoms lasted 2 days)
                Latent car nut.

Comment

As usual with all things COVID, things change rapidly. On Friday CDC eased up on masking.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...of-the-country

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Friday it is relaxing its mask guidance for communities where hospitals aren't under high strain. Under the new guidance, nearly 70% of the U.S. population lives in an area considered to be low or medium risk, and residents there are advised they can go indoors without masks

We want to give people a break from things like mask-wearing," said CDC Director Rochelle Walensky at a news briefing Friday. But, she added, new risk guidelines that the agency is implementing will help people know when to reach for masks again if conditions warrant it.

Health officials emphasized that people should still wear face coverings if they wish or if they are personally at high risk. And regardless of local conditions, they should mask if they have COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
                  This will be my last comment on this. Mods please delete this thread as its only leading to division in our community... which is what any COVID discussion always reduces to.

Comment

Ah finally that creepy mask logo is down... lets hope it never returns

Comment

Ah finally that creepy mask logo is down... lets hope it never returns
                      I didn't even notice that it was gone. In fact, I still see it.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I still see it as well.
                        Latent car nut.

Comment

I still see it and I see it every day at work except they are N-95's I just saw a covid patient in isolation on my second job this past weekend. You may not have gotten sick with Covid, but plenty of people have gotten sick. We lost 1 million Americans to Covid in the last two years What would we say if we lost 1 million Americans to other causes like an increase in car accidents or if some food products were tainted.

If you read up on the real science, not just personal anecdotal examples and info in the media which has been skewed since day 1, you can find out information about the variants that are still unpredictable and occur in a different way than other viruses or the flu. You can find out in countries with low vaccination rates people are dying from the strains of Covid we know as mild.

Maybe we should stop wearing seatbelts I drove a good 40 yrs and never really NEEDED it until last October when the drunk driver hit the driver's side of my car going 55 mph and I was going 25 or less. I mean that seatbelt restrains me why should I have to wear it, odds are I won't need it and it's so uncomfortable cutting into my neck since I am short and it rides lower than it should. I mean and why wear a seatbelt to protect others. I mean if my body flew into my passengers and caused them injury oh well...
                          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X