Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebraska Furniture Mart-Omaha

Hello,
    I just received my chapter 7 discharge but also received the right to cure letter from NFM asking me to contact them in 30 days to make arrangements for disposition of the merchandise. Otherwise NFM can sue me. I do not have some of the things, they were recently purchases prior to filing. If they sue me do they garnish my pay check? TIA

Welcome to BKForum! As you probably now know, many furniture stores have what is called a PMSI, or purchase money security interest, in everything you buy using that "store" credit card or account. Their lien survived the bankruptcy and they are entitled to get the product.

What did you put on your Statement of Intentions in your Chapter 7 filing? Did you put surrender, redeem, or reaffirm?

It's likely that they just want you offer a settlement. I can't tell you the legal implications of not having the furniture that was promised as collateral. Did you sell it? Did it break or was disposed of?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X