Chapter13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter13

I was wondering if I could get mortgage with NFCU becaus I'm in a chapter 13 making on time payments

Welcome to BKForum!

I don't have any information about whether NFCU would do an FHA loan while someone is in an active Chapter 13. Not all lenders want to touch this type of loan. Other BKForum members may have some suggestions of lenders that are friendly to active Chapter 13 FHA mortgages.

Just for review, a Chapter 13 debtor may be able to obtain an FHA loan (and only an FHA loan), while in a Chapter 13 and after making 12 on-time payments to the Chapter 13 Standing Trustee. It requires trustee, court, and, of course, lender approval.

If you burned NFCU for even $1, they will not let you obtain any other credit product. (See https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...10#post1027110).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You're going about it the wrong way. Very, very few lenders will do mortgages while under chapter 13 because it involves manual underwriting and getting permission from the court and trustee. Only FHA will have manual underwriting. You need to look for a mortgage broker that specializes in chapter 13 mortgages or find that unicorn lender that does chapter 13 mortgages. Navy is not even close to being one of them. They will only approved secured credit cards while in a 13 which does eventually graduate to unsecured credit but that's it. No car loans, mortgages, or direct application to an unsecured credit card while in the 13.

The vast majority of lenders will refuse to do business with you other than a secured card with a non-discharged bankruptcy. Only predatory lenders and the unicorn non-subprime lender will do business with you whether it's credit card, auto loan, or mortgage until a year or two after discharge of the 13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X