I am a new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a new member

Hello community! I am new here and interested in what you all are discussing! Happy to be here..

What's on your mind?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Good evening, I am here to learn about life during BK13. I have 4 more years to go and the payments are quite tough right now. Any advise on what I can possibly do to lower the payments? Call my lawyer? Call the trustee's office? Any advice will help! Thanks all!!!!

Comment

Your attorney is the most appropriate next step; contacting the Trustee will most likely get you directed back to your attorney.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Yep, don't contact the Chapter 13 Trustee when you are represented by an attorney. When a Chapter 13 debtor has any financial setback, including loss of hours/wages or other significant events, they should immediately contact their attorney. I do not know why Chapter 13 debtors always try to figure it out on their own. A Chapter 13 has some features will can allow for payment abatement or even a recalculation if there's been a loss of income and there is room in the plan for this to happen.

So, as shipo writes your attorney should be immediately contacted. I will add that if this difficulty is the result of a refusal or inability to budget, then the Chapter 13 will never work.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X