Hello, all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, all!

Good morning/afternoon/evening wherever you may be!

My name is Jim, 39, in West "By God" Virginia (Go Mountaineers!)

Over the past two years, I've greatly struggled with a ton of unsecured debt, along with tax debt, and now student loan debt (bye bye moratorium)... had to close my business and took a job making similar money.

Anyway, when BK was first mentioned as an idea to me by a local credit counseling non-profit, I said "HAY-ELL NO!" and told them I'd figure it out myself. So, another year of trying Ramsey's "Snowball method"... I'd love to chuck a few hard ice snowballs at his smug mug. Ugh.

This past July, as I was perusing Reddit before I went to bed, I noticed the "r/bankruptcy" was a "Suggested" community.... I looked through it and discovered that Bankruptcy wasn't the "end of the world." So, I did some 'vestigatin' and was actually pleased with what I was reading... people's success stories, how they're able to sleep better at night, move on with my life, etc.

Also, I knew back in July that I would have some money coming down the pike from my dad. My dear grandma passed away around a year ago. Before she passed, my dad sold her house and that money went to a joint account they held... so no probate for that cash.

Long story short, I plan to file sometime in early March after I get my '22 taxes filed. I determined that I don't wish to drag this debt with me into my 40s. I'd still like to buy my own house someday (even if it's a condo), get married, and have a kid or two. (My nephews need someone to play with.)

I look forward to getting to know y'all, encouraging y'all, and cheering for y'all!

Welcome to BKForum!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

A poster with a good sense of humor. I love it. Welcome to the Forum.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X