top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when I though it was all going good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when I though it was all going good...

My CEO gathered all the Director's together and asked us to "voluntarily" take a pay cut as a "group". We then had to vote. Out in the open. By a show of hands. I coundn't believe it was happening. I declined to vote either way. But then I was the only one not voting. By the end of the meeting I actually voted to lower my own salary. I feel tricked and used. I had every penny of my pay check accounted for. there goes my saving payment. So much for paying myself first. I am just sick at my stomach. Well, thanks for listening. I know its not the end of the world and I am thankful to have my job and my career but I think today was a bad decision by my employer and maybe they will rethink it, who knows.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

This very common business/human resource managment practice. In some circumstances, this is just the prelude to layoffs, but in your case this may not be the case. Many folks are just thankful to still have a job...while they start looking for another job. Were you told if this pay-cut was temporary/permanent?
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

temporary....until we make up some losses

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
        temporary....until we make up some losses
        Well, thank God for the temporary. All the higher ups at my hospital, including my direct boss are worried about their jobs right now. My company, Triad, was just bought out by Community Health Systems. We hear the first thing they have done at other hospitals is to clean house. The CEOs and CFOs have all been let go. So I know many of them are very worried right now.
        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
        Plan approved- 7/11/05
        Date discharged--10-12-2007
        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

I know how you feel cindylynnsmith... I work for a bank and banks have been struggling this year due to a lack of deposits and the real estate market. So far, I have made it, but you never know.
          sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

USA has been transformed gradually (in the past) from a "manufacturing" country into.... well, a customer "service" country... thus explaining may past laid-offs (auto, electronics, textile, toys, agriculture, etc.)

Now, watching out for a next, new wave of laid-offs of the century ==>> a "service" industries turning into ...well, a "contractor/sub-contract/" or "outsourcing" industry for foreign countries/workers hands to inherit... (cheaper cost, productivity, efficiency, etc.)

Comment

today was a better day. they did at least give us a date of Dec. 15th that our pay will go back to normal. I do trust them that they will hold their word. they are a reputable organization, but it is still hard to make that adjustment when you have everything worked out out to the penny. so much for my two year plan. I guess I'll have to make it a two and a half year plan....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                I guess I'll have to make it a two and a half year plan....lol.
                Glad to hear that the decrease will end in a few months and you can plan ahead again, Cindy! You must be relieved!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We rode the Corporate Rollercoaster for YEARS, Cindy. It's not a fun ride.

I'm glad for you that the pay decrease is only for a short time. Not necessarily the time of year you'd want to be short.

At least you'll get a nice Christmas present with pay reinstatement mid December.
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                  Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Now they called us all back in and offered us a 10% cash bonus to break even by the end of the year (we were origninaly set to make 8 million, but on target to loose 3 million when they gave us the original cut) Now the heat is on!! Now that's incentive! It'll get done now. But what a roller coaster!! Anyway, that's life, huh?

Comment

Cindy, yes, that is life, especially in a capitalist market. My first thought was atleast you weren't laid off. The last company I was laid off from, I didn't even get the option to even TAKE a pay cut (which I would gladly have done) but simply axed. Which is worse, because at that point I don't have *any* pay.
                      Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                      Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                      Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                      11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X