top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

email notification for these forums doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email notification for these forums doesn't work?

I'm subscribed to several threads in this forum for instant email notification when there's a response to the subscribed thread, but I never receive emailed notifications. Is this a known problem here? I've double checked my email address in my user control panel, and I've double checked that my thread subscriptions are for instant notification. But since I registered in August 2006, I've never received an email notification when someone responds to a thread I'm subscribed to.

My messaging and notification options has "enable private messaging" checked, and "receive email notification of private messages" checked, and the rest unchecked. But none of the options directly relates to whether or not you actually receive emails for the threads you've subscribed to with email notification, so I don't think these would be the source of the problem.
    Chapter 7, California system 2, no assets. Pro se with Nolo.
    Filed: 10/8/08
    341: 11/5/08
    Discharged: 1/5/09

I will have this matter looked into...is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Ok, this is weird. Of course I subscribed to this thread also, and I did just receive notification of your response. But I don't seem to get others, for example this thread:

even though I checked in my control panel and all my subscribed threads have the same notification status of "instant." I guess the question is whether people have experienced intermittent notification.

As a quick test (of my sanity), do you want to try responding to that other thread?

Comment

Sign up for another thread and see if you are notifified when someone else posts a reply to the thread.
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

OK, I'll do that, and I was notified of your latest reply.

But hold on a sec: I'm partially an idiot. I have actually received many email notifications, which I verified by checking my email trash. But I also verify that sometimes I do not receive notification. For example, I didn't get this one at the thread I referred to:

and that made me late in responding to wingnut. I know I have had numerous other cases of not being notified, but there's no way to track those now. I unthinkingly exaggerated the description of my problem having just gotten frustrated by its latest recurrence, but it is definitely happening intermittently.

Comment

Let me know if you recieve notification of this response to the thread.

Comment

Yes, I got notified after both your replies. I also subscribed to a couple of other threads to see if I get notified when a regular user replies.

Comment

HRx, I just got notified on all three of your tests. Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out to see what happens when a non-admin replies to a thread I've subscribed to, and reply here.

Comment

You're welcome...just let us know if you aren't notified of non admin responses to threads.

Comment

HRx, I wasn't notified of your most recent reply above.

Comment

If click the sign out button each time you leave the site sometimes it erases your cookies thereby unsubribing the the threads...at least that is what I have found. So if I keep the "save my password" checked and don't click the log out button .....I always get my notifications. Now I can actually close my browser and shut off my computer and its fine...as long as I don't click "log off" and as long as I keep th "save my password" checked. Try that and see....
                      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                        If click the sign out button each time you leave the site sometimes it erases your cookies thereby unsubribing the the threads...at least that is what I have found. So if I keep the "save my password" checked and don't click the log out button .....I always get my notifications. Now I can actually close my browser and shut off my computer and its fine...as long as I don't click "log off" and as long as I keep th "save my password" checked. Try that and see....
                        I did not receive a notification of this reply.

I never sign out, although the site does require me to re-log in occasionally, probably because I restarted my browser at some point, or perhaps the cookie has a time limit. In any case, I'm definitely having the problem since I didn't receive notifications for the last two replies to this thread. I would think I'm not unique, so maybe other people will chime in if they've experienced the same intermittent problem.

I should add that, according to my user control panel, my subscribed thread notifications always remain correct, but despite being designated for instant notification, I'm not always notified.
                        Last edited by IOIOIO; 11-18-2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                          You're welcome...just let us know if you aren't notified of non admin responses to threads.
                          Just to follow up, I started and subscribed to this thread on 12/11/07:

I received reply notifications for about the first 24 hours and browsed to the reply each time I received the notification. After that, I have just discovered, I stopped receiving notifications even though I'm still subscribed to the thread.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X