Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising food prices

Is it time?
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

I'd say so!
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Really I have seen prices fall in vegas

5 dozen eggs was $10 2 months ago now $6.99

Milk was $3.18
      today $2.98

Pototes have stay the same as well

Whey protein has come down

Chicken has been $15.99 for 6.5 lbs at costco forever

Now Fish has gone up paid $14.00 for 2.5 lbs of Talbit(sp) the other day
      was like $12 a few months back

( I have a odd food list due to our lifestyle)
      Filed Chap 7

Comment

Loaf of bread (store brand) was 99 cents in December. That same loaf of bread is now $1.69.

Milk in December was $2.69 for a gallon. I have been paying $3.39.

These may not seem like huge jumps in price but when you buy 10 loaves of bread a week and at least 8 gallons of milk you start to feel it.
        5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
        8/27-DISCHARGED
        11/2 - CLOSED
        EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

For the first time- it is now cheaper to keep my baby on formula rather than switch him over to milk. With the other 3 I couldnt wait to get them on milk b/c of the cost but this one is getting formula for a long time yet. I paid 3.86 for a gallon of 2% today- a gallon of whole is 10 cents more! I am stocking up at the local farmers markets- going to freeze lots to last us into the winter.
          Filed: 3/12/08
          341 Meeting: 4/11/08
          Last day to oppose: 6/10/08

Comment

Loaf of Natures Own Honey Wheat is $2.79 Winn-Dixie or Publix. Regular white is $1.79. Catfish is $.99 lb when available and Tilapia is $6.99 regular, $4.99 on sale.
            "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

If you have an ALDI'S in your area.. They have some phenominal prices! I just got milk yesterday for $2.69 a gallon (skim). I cannot for the life of me figure out why I havent been there before.

Oh yeah... they dont take credit cards!!! only debit with pin or cash
              5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
              8/27-DISCHARGED
              11/2 - CLOSED
              EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

I've been taking advantages of sales and especially BOGOF items that we know for a fact we will use. My pantry is currently well stocked, and I'm very careful about rotating food so that we use everything before the expiration date.

However, my greatest savings tool is my small, condo-sized freezer. A major Spanish supermarket chain had boneless and skinless chicken breasts at $.99/lb two weeks ago and I bought 5 packages with about 3-4 lbs. in each. It's going to be a long time before we need chicken breasts again. Also, I bought 2 big sirloin tip roasts on sale at $2.19/lb this past weekend. I also have some ground beef, pork chops and fish and shrimp in the freezer, but I didn't buy them within the past 2 weeks so I can't remember how much they cost. They were all bought on sale though. And like with the pantry, I label everything and make sure to use it within the recommended time period. By the way, I also have a vacuum sealer, so my food freezes with no freezer burn.

This is the only way I know that will help control the rising food prices in our family. We also use frozen veggies unless the veggy in question is in season and therefore on sale. And as for fruits, well, we've been treating ourselves to cherries because we love them and because the season is so short, but gee, cherries (on sale) are $3.29/lb. Ouch.
                BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

I normally don't look at the prices when I go buy groceries, but today I reminded myself to look so I could report back here.

I spent 200$ today. And this is on base.

1 gallon of 2% milk was 2.71$
                  Strawberries was 2.62$
                  Chicken thigh cutlets 1 was 2.89$ and the other one was 2.74$
                  chicken breasts 1 was 4.58$ and the other one was 4.68$

The rest of the stuff was shampoo, bottled water, veggies, and other things the kids wanted to eat while at home.

Comment

SO I am paying amost 1 dollar more for a gallon of milk in Pa. I wonder why in the world it is so expensive here?? There are like a bizillion dairy farms around too. Thanks for the Aldi's tip- I am going to check that out!
                    Filed: 3/12/08
                    341 Meeting: 4/11/08
                    Last day to oppose: 6/10/08

Comment

A couple weeks ago, I bought 4 green peppers for $7.50!!! Freaking ridiculous! I want a greenhouse so I can grow my veg. all year long.
                      May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
                      June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
                      August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
                      August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

Food prices are definately increasing like crazy! $100-$200 doesn't buy much nowadays!! Especially in Ma., where we've always have higher food prices compared to other states.
                        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

After the mid-west flood recovery over... we will see more price increases!

Comment

Just bought a ream of Inkjet paper for the first time in say eight months at Office Depot, $7.98 for the cheap one (their brand), WOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
                              Just bought a ream of Inkjet paper for the first time in say eight months at Office Depot, $7.98 for the cheap one (their brand), WOW!!!!!!
                              They say that certain retail goods such as electronics, home furnishings, automobile, have/will be experiencing price drops to instigate sales because of record breaking slow sales all last year and this year.
                              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X