X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timewalk169
    replied
    Inflation you got to love it!
    Smaller box and smaller net amount same price and or more.
    I think there's more in store for food prices to shoot through the roof.

Leave a comment:

• Carter
    replied
    I shop at ALDI's. This grocery store has been a Godsend through my 5 yr chapter 13. I wouldn't have been able to survive without this discount grocery store!

Leave a comment:

• Sammie
    replied
    The Sunday before Labor Day I was shopping at Aldi as soon as I walked in there was an announcement that they were closed on Labor Day, had a truck coming the next day they opened & didn't have room in the freezer for all the chicken. They were selling 5 lb pacages of Boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.00 a package. I kick myself now that I only picked up 3 pks. (15 lbs for $3.00). This weekend I picked up an 8 lb Shank Ham for .99 lb.

Since being on this forum I have cut my weekly food bill down from $150 a wk. to $65 by shopping more wisely.sammie

Leave a comment:

• ksgirl38
    replied
    Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
    Something for people to consider...

There are often little surveys on your receipts. They only take a few minutes to complete, and from time to time, I have received gift cards from the stores for completing the surveys. It's like getting free money.
    I do those all the time and have yet to win one of those gift cards. It would be nice though.

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    replied
    Something for people to consider...

There are often little surveys on your receipts. They only take a few minutes to complete, and from time to time, I have received gift cards from the stores for completing the surveys. It's like getting free money.

Leave a comment:

• ksgirl38
    replied
    Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    They can be in the general scheme of things. But sometimes you have to figure in the cost of getting there and back home into your purchase price. The closet Target is 35 miles from me and the closest Wal*Mart is 14. CVS is 5. Plus, I hate the crowds that usually are at Wal*Mart. I like to get in and out quickly. That usually does not happen at a Wal*Mart.

Plus, if you watch the weekly circulars that usually are published in the weekend newspapers, and plan, you can end up with some good buys and bonus perks. I have two $10.00 gift cards for CVS to use when I am in dire need of something, and am flat out of cash. And 'Hub and I each have two $10.00 fuel cards that I have gotten through CVS, likewise for times when we are cash-strapped and we need fuel in the car.
    I see. I'm in a metro area so I guess for me it's just as easy to do one big trip to Target. They are everywhere around here.

Leave a comment:

• SMinGA2
    replied
    Shopping where its convenient is a big factor. I am fortunate that I live in a major area. There is a CVS literally across the street from my 2nd job. And 3 within 2 miles of my full time job. (I have always thought that odd!) Walgreens & Riteaid each have a few locations. One nice thing about CVS is they are great on rainchecks. If they are out of something and its on sale, they'll issue one and they never expire.

Leave a comment:

• ksgirl38
    replied
    Originally posted by pamkev View Post
    Okay can someone give me those site that match up coupons with stores
    I get emails from a website called commonsensewithmoney.com. Although there are others too.

Leave a comment:

• AngelinaCat
    replied
    Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
    CVS & Wallgreens always seem so high to me compared to Target or Walmart. How much do you have to shop there to get rewards like that? I use coupons at Target. You can stack manufacturer with the Target coupons on their website.
    They can be in the general scheme of things. But sometimes you have to figure in the cost of getting there and back home into your purchase price. The closet Target is 35 miles from me and the closest Wal*Mart is 14. CVS is 5. Plus, I hate the crowds that usually are at Wal*Mart. I like to get in and out quickly. That usually does not happen at a Wal*Mart.

Plus, if you watch the weekly circulars that usually are published in the weekend newspapers, and plan, you can end up with some good buys and bonus perks. I have two $10.00 gift cards for CVS to use when I am in dire need of something, and am flat out of cash. And 'Hub and I each have two $10.00 fuel cards that I have gotten through CVS, likewise for times when we are cash-strapped and we need fuel in the car.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 07-24-2012, 02:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pamkev
    replied
    Originally posted by SMinGA2 View Post
    The sites I know are valid for the sales in GA so PA may be different. But I use Southernsavers dot com and iheartpublix dot com.
    I think you are right

Leave a comment:

• pamkev
    replied
    Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Try Afullcup.com

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• keepsmiling
    replied
    Originally posted by pamkev View Post
    Try Afullcup.com

Leave a comment:

• SMinGA2
    replied
    The sites I know are valid for the sales in GA so PA may be different. But I use Southernsavers dot com and iheartpublix dot com.

Leave a comment:

• pamkev
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ksgirl38
    replied
    We don't have Rite Aids around here.

Last time I shopped at a CVS was only because there was a new one that opened up in the area and I got some coupons in the mail. The problem was that the shampoo I pay $3 for at Target was $5 at CVS so even after the coupons I used it still seemed like I paid more at CVS. I compared some of the prices while I was there and my contact solution was $4 more at CVS and I rarely see coupons for that. Even a CVS coupon wouldn't save me more than what I could get it for elsewhere. I guess I'm curious what you guys are buying that you are getting savings on because I never seem to see much savings. Maybe I'm just buying different products. I do get some of those emails that match up the coupons, but there just don't seem to be much that make it worth the trip.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X