Rising food prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
    They can be in the general scheme of things. But sometimes you have to figure in the cost of getting there and back home into your purchase price. The closet Target is 35 miles from me and the closest Wal*Mart is 14. CVS is 5. Plus, I hate the crowds that usually are at Wal*Mart. I like to get in and out quickly. That usually does not happen at a Wal*Mart.

Plus, if you watch the weekly circulars that usually are published in the weekend newspapers, and plan, you can end up with some good buys and bonus perks. I have two $10.00 gift cards for CVS to use when I am in dire need of something, and am flat out of cash. And 'Hub and I each have two $10.00 fuel cards that I have gotten through CVS, likewise for times when we are cash-strapped and we need fuel in the car.
    I see. I'm in a metro area so I guess for me it's just as easy to do one big trip to Target. They are everywhere around here.

Comment

Something for people to consider...

There are often little surveys on your receipts. They only take a few minutes to complete, and from time to time, I have received gift cards from the stores for completing the surveys. It's like getting free money.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
        Something for people to consider...

There are often little surveys on your receipts. They only take a few minutes to complete, and from time to time, I have received gift cards from the stores for completing the surveys. It's like getting free money.
        I do those all the time and have yet to win one of those gift cards. It would be nice though.

Comment

The Sunday before Labor Day I was shopping at Aldi as soon as I walked in there was an announcement that they were closed on Labor Day, had a truck coming the next day they opened & didn't have room in the freezer for all the chicken. They were selling 5 lb pacages of Boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1.00 a package. I kick myself now that I only picked up 3 pks. (15 lbs for $3.00). This weekend I picked up an 8 lb Shank Ham for .99 lb.

Since being on this forum I have cut my weekly food bill down from $150 a wk. to $65 by shopping more wisely.sammie
          Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

I shop at ALDI's. This grocery store has been a Godsend through my 5 yr chapter 13. I wouldn't have been able to survive without this discount grocery store!
            Chapt. 13 Petition Filed 9/29/07
            Case Confirmed 12/10/07
            59 mos done 1 payment to go

Comment

Inflation you got to love it!
              Smaller box and smaller net amount same price and or more.
              I think there's more in store for food prices to shoot through the roof.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X