• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit vs. CASH at the gas pump

I got jipped today...

The station advertised $3.89

But after I stuck in my debit card, the price went to $3.96

So this is something that I am noticing now....

Where was the price at that said 3.89$? Did they change prices from yesterday to today?

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
    I got jipped today...

Comment

I'll take 3.96! I paid 4.55 for regular unleaded yesterday!!!!!!! It was the same price for cash or credit. They should post a sign that says the difference.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

There are many stations around here that have 2 sets of prices. One is for cash and the other is for credit cards.

I had to put gas in the truck today.

Comment

I have been having a problem with gas stations whose price on the pump is different from the sign. I was at Bj's wholesale yesterday. The sign said 3.99 but the pump said 4.01... This is the 3rd time over the past 4 months this has happened so I said something to the girl working there. She was just a young kid so I was nice about it

She said " we havent had a chance to change the sign yet because the prices changes so much"

It was pretty obvious that she did not care about the extra 2 cents that many many many cars were paying.
          5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
          8/27-DISCHARGED
          11/2 - CLOSED
          EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

I would love 4.01 for gas. I paid 4.59 yesterday for gas.

Originally posted by momof5 View Post
            I have been having a problem with gas stations whose price on the pump is different from the sign. I was at Bj's wholesale yesterday. The sign said 3.99 but the pump said 4.01... This is the 3rd time over the past 4 months this has happened so I said something to the girl working there. She was just a young kid so I was nice about it

She said " we havent had a chance to change the sign yet because the prices changes so much"

It was pretty obvious that she did not care about the extra 2 cents that many many many cars were paying.
            Last edited by Cali; 06-06-2008, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I got duped by the the bait and switch about a year ago myself.
              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Here in the Sacramento, CA area it is only a few Union 76 stations that have a difference between cash price of a gallon and a credit price. Most other Union 76s, and none of the other brands do not differentiate. The Union 76 down a block from my house has a cash price of $4.45 a gallon (regular), but $4.60 for a credit card gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
                  I got jipped today...

or they say 4.09 & then in tiny letters WITH CAR WASH PURCHASE. & after you click no car wash the price of gas goes up to 4.39.

I thought they had stopped the credit vs. cash thing a long time ago.

Comment

Down here a few stations prominently display "CASH ONLY" pumps at roughly 4-5 cents cheaper than the credit/debit card pumps. I'm a debit card addict and hardly ever have more than $15-$20 cash on me, so I don't take advantage of that.

Paid $3.99 for regular today. Saw quite a few stations with $4.03-$4.09 a gallon. And as always, Shell had the highest at $4.12. The Shell station was empty though.
                    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Last week, I was inside the Mobil station talking to my favorite clerk when the phone rang. She ignored it and said she didn't want to answer it. I asked her why and she told me they were calling to tell her to raise the price....they have a like a BAT phone! I asked her how often that happened and she said every couple days but that was last week...........

ep
                      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I've rideshared to work with another woman for the past year. Today we added on a third person. So we will each be driving into work one week, once every three weeks. This helps a lot but it isn't easy to find people who live close enough to where you live, working similar hours and going to work in a close enough proximity to make it worthwhile. We were lucky to find this third person.
                        Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                        341 July 1, 2008
                        Discharged September 4, 2008
                        Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

If the price posted is not the price charged, and you pay by credit card, contest the charge. If enough people complain, they will stop doing this practice.

As for one price for gas if paying by cash and there is another price for credit, this is generally in violation of the merchant's agreement. One way they can get around this is to post a sign saying their price reflects a XX% cash discount. If you are victimized by this scam, file a complaint. If enough people complain, action may come forth.

As for me, when gas goes up, my gas tank gets bigger. Otherwards, I buy one gallon but actually receive a short gallon. In that case, if you get mad, file a complaint with your state (the department that regulates scales/measures).
                          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

gas stations are charged a transaction fee by c/c companies for processing the transaction and this is cutting into their profit- so some stations are offering a discount for those that pay in cash. not sure if people realize that gas stations barely make a profit on selling gas.. razor thin margins.. with oil expected to hit $150 a barrel by 4th of July - $5.00 a gallon is heading our way shortly and $6- $7 a gallon expected in the next one to two years...

Comment

Gas in my city for premium(what I have to put in my vehicle) is 4.99/gal.

Originally posted by Scott50 View Post
                              gas stations are charged a transaction fee by c/c companies for processing the transaction and this is cutting into their profit- so some stations are offering a discount for those that pay in cash. not sure if people realize that gas stations barely make a profit on selling gas.. razor thin margins.. with oil expected to hit $150 a barrel by 4th of July - $5.00 a gallon is heading our way shortly and $6- $7 a gallon expected in the next one to two years...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X