No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOOOOOW AMIS, BAD!!!! My truck is six years old now (103,000) and wife can't fit the E350 Van in the Garage downtown where she now works downtown (it is 12' tall but no vehicle over 6'8" is allowed inside). I bought here an '05 Jetta 4 cylinder yesterday. I am hoping the gas savings will be significant to nearly offset the cost. I wouldn't send her in my truck (old job is right near our house, but still used alot of gas in the van) becuase she has to drive through the 'hood but on Broward BLVD. I don't have that much faith in GM to send her DT in a vehicle with 100,000 miles! We only considered Mercedes and Volkswagen, obviously the Merc's were expensive and to get the price lower you had to go older with higher mileage, so that quickly ruled them out. Eastern Financial sells you a VERY reasonable full 100,000 mile warranty where you go to a VW dealer and give them the card.

I hope it is good on gas.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by robivi3 View Post
      WOOOOOOW AMIS, BAD!!!! My truck is six years old now (103,000) and wife can't fit the E350 Van in the Garage downtown where she now works downtown (it is 12' tall but no vehicle over 6'8" is allowed inside)
      And how is your van 12 feet tall? Is it on stilts? Thats the height of a semi truck, lol

Comment

I haven't used premium fuel for more than a year now lol, but yesterday on my way back from Maine I filled by take with the "good stuff" $2.73 per gallon!
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I'm keeping the 4runner at least till I move, (that may be real soon!) my lease isn't up till 6/10 but I hate to sacrifice size for safety...I keep seeing these terrible accidents right by where I live & it's always SUVs & cars. THe cars don't do well.
          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

The larger capacity gas tanks, and mediocre fuel efficiency of SUV's have kept me away from one for quite some time now. lol SUV's are a commuters worse dream now....unless he/she is making major six/seven figures. But to address your comment about the safety benefit of SUV's. I actually read a report sometime ago that said SUV's weren't really safer than cars in accidents--primarily because the weight of SUV's actually resulted in them causing more self-damage in accidents.This was about a year or two ago though...so I sure safety improvements have been made to SUVs.
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I am becoming worried about what gas will cost this summer. Last summer just about did me in. I fear that this summer will be higher, and I cannot afford it. I know this has to be impacting the economy. I know I have no disposable income anymore!

Comment

The increasing gas prices are definately taking a major toll on the wallets/purses of Americans---and others throughout the world! It's pretty safe to state that it's definately not creating any positive actions in the part of consumer spending, and overall economic growth. There definately needs to be some sort of external monitoring, and regulating of gas prices. Because to this date, government and private sources haven't been able to prove that the world has been experiencing a severe fuel crisis!

Comment

Filled the Van today, 12.5 miles per gallon (city Highway), 2.76. Took 77.00, ouch. Wife drives Van it was going down to 9.0-9.5 mpg.
                  "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

We were down to below $2/gal it's gone back up. We're hovering right around $2.75-$3/gal depending on the grade you purchase.

We're running up on 16 months since the last raise and overall costs increases are really making things tight.
                    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                    Discharged - 12/2006
                    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

What are the new summer price predictions? It's 2.75 min around me in Bradenton....if I move to Sarasota I cut off 4 xtra miles...x5 days is 20 miles...yikes...is it really coming to this?
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

I've heard that a lot of regions will reach the $3.00 p/g mark!! Most of Southeastern Massachusetts is averaging $2.67 p/g for the "cheap" stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                          I've heard that a lot of regions will reach the $3.00 p/g mark!! Most of Southeastern Massachusetts is averaging $2.67 p/g for the "cheap" stuff.
                          well, as soon as I"m closed, it's time for a different toyota....I think I get about 20/mpg/gal...but it's a 45.00 fill up

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                            Northeast Ohio is averaging about the same price.

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                            well, as soon as I"m closed, it's time for a different toyota....I think I get about 20/mpg/gal...but it's a 45.00 fill up
                            Remember when 20-some mpg was unheard of? Now we look for the 30+ mpg vehicles.
                            Bankruptcy History:
                            Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                            Discharged - 02/16/2006
                            Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

My Explorer gets about 20mpg - good thing it doesn't get driven very ofton and thank goodness for Giant Eagle and fuelperks. I have 70 cents off right now. Thats gonna save me a bundle of cash... about $20.
                              3/30/07 Petition signed
                              5/21/07 341 Meeting
                              7/20/07 Last day for Objections
                              7/25/07 DISCHARGED 7/30/07 CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by juststupid View Post
                                My Explorer gets about 20mpg - good thing it doesn't get driven very ofton and thank goodness for Giant Eagle and fuelperks. I have 70 cents off right now. Thats gonna save me a bundle of cash... about $20.

Now I'm thinking I should have let the trustee sit with the 2000 4runner that's been the pain in my *ss...let him sit with a gasaholic...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X